Cracked Mirror Closet Door

ManDak

Third weekend of using our new 2015 Sundance that we purchased last fall. I left for work last night and husband and kiddos spend one more night. Husband tells me today that the closet door mirror is cracked. Of course no one knows how that happened. I'm doubting that this is something that will be covered under warranty. We don't have a local dealer, bought it from a dealer in Indiana and was delivered to us. What are the suggestions for the best way to go about replacing the closet door?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Contact Heartland Customer Support and have your VIN (last 6) handy. Also take a photo or two. You may be able to just order the mirror of if the mirror is the door you may have to order the whole door. Also it could be covered under warranty if it was defective. Ask Customer Support.

camr

We had the same thing happen to our sliding mirrored door. I took the door off the track and took it to a glass shop. They had the glass replaced in a day. I seem to remember it costing around $100. Make sure that they use a mirror with a non shatter backing on it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you get around to replacing the mirror be sure that the door lines up with the catches.
If they are not lined up the door will bend a bit and put a stress on the glass. It will break.
If the door does not line up you can easily reposition the latch.

Peace
Dave

Oregon_Camper

I removed the closet doors the day I brought our BH home. I saw no need to fight them back and forth to open one side...just to slide both of them back to get into other section if closet. It also opens up the area and our Lab can now sleep next to us on floor of closet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk