I-95 tolls, traffic jams and idiots.

Got a shock coming back from Gettysburg last weekend on I-95 between Baltimore and Wilmington in Maryland, the toll was $48.00 for my truck and the three axle Cyclone, the toll lady stated that my toll doubled due to the extra 3rd axle which made me have as many axles as a tractor trailer the toll for a car was $8.00. This is ridiculous I've never had to pay a toll that high ruined my free trip. I had a 3 day free campground stay at the battlefield campground it was nice but the trip home with the terrible traffic jam, the toll and the idiots on the road that cut in front of me thinking that I could maneuver as easily as they can while pulling a 44ft. trailer, it was an adventure. There was so many people using the shoulder which caused a worse situation which resulted in more of a jam that I eventually along with 2 tractor trailers put a stop to it by straddling the right lane and the shoulder needless to say there were some not so happy shoulder drivers. I'm not a road rage person or one to cause a problem but it was becoming ridiculous. Where are the police when you need them???

kowAlski631

The idiots are coast to coast, unfortunately. We do our best to travel during the week during work hours. Cuts down on the stress. Safe travels.

Main reason I relocated to Texas and will retire here. We are from the DC area and that is a way of life up there. One thing we looked forward to was the new crop of idiots that pass through every four years or so and do not how to drive up there. At leasst it was not snow or even the threat of snow, you should see them drive then.....

Lynn1130

I-95 HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I drove numerous time while spending a few months at Quantico. What a bunch of idiots.

caissiel

I paid $24 to cross the bridge on I87 this spring, after taking over one hour to cross it. Something did not feel right to me. If I have to pay that much, I should at least get proper service. Traffic jams are mostly caused by people in a rush that try to get past the restricted lanes faster. Total oxymoron to me.

OEFVET

Main reason I relocated to Texas and will retire here. We are from the DC area and that is a way of life up there. One thing we looked forward to was the new crop of idiots that pass through every four years or so and do not how to drive up there. At leasst it was not snow or even the threat of snow, you should see them drive then.....

X2 You think that was bad watch them attempt to drive in 1/2 inch of snow. It's pathetic

kowAlski631

Rush hour coinciding with a Redskins game at night. Ugly. Any Friday night. Any reason government releases workers early. Lived in the area for 35 years and retired away from there.

TxCowboy

Agree with the above. DW is from the DC area and I spent 10 years there working for DoD. The traffic there is tragic on a good day. :(

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm pretty sure that the east coast doesn't have a monopoly on idiot drivers . . .

We have our fair share of them right here in Colorful Colorado!

Isn't it amazing how the second we latch a trailer on to the back of our trucks that we suddenly become idiot magnets??? :confused:

Westwind

I've traveled I-95 from Rhode Island to Florida right after New Years and back around mid April for 12 years towing our then TT and now our Bighorn. Most of the time it wasn't a bad trip but from Woodbridge, VA on I-95 to the Delaware Memorial Bridge was never fun, the beltways around DC and Baltimore were always stressfull. The past couple of years we have been using DELMARVA (Route 301) headed south (exit 1 after Delaware Memorial Bridge on I-95). Much less stressfull. Then coming home periodically we used I-81 then I-78 in PA. Again much less stressful and it also dropped our toll cost dramatically. I avoid the NJ Turnpike and Garden State. So I really need to use I-81 headed south to avoid NJ Turnpike and Delaware Memorial.
Last year we left for Florida 2 days after Christmas - I-95 from Delaware Memorial Bridge south was a slow nightmare and the only reprieve was Rt-301 but then when we got onto I-95 North of Richmond, VA it started again and didn't let up until the Florida state line. Heavy stop and go traffic, we need to adjust the day we leave, maybe New Years Day will be better.

While traveling my wife and I talk all the time about the "I've just got to pull out in front of that big rig no matter how much distance there is" mentality.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
In California it is not a lane change, it's known as a lane dive. Trace