RV Wholesalers or Jeff Couch's RV Nation?

Looking to get a new 2016 North Trail 27BHDS. After much research and a lot of BS from the small in state dealers, I found what seems to be a pretty good deal at RV Wholesalers and Jeff Couch's RV Nation. Both are in Ohio and I'm in S FL so it will be a good little road trip to get it. My question is, which of these 2 is better to deal with and are their deals as good as they seem? I still have to sell my 2009 North Country 30BHS so I have a little time to figure things out.

jimtoo

Hi bohunter0328,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some opinions from our other members soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
You might try RVs4less in Tennessee. They would be closer and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
You might try RVs4less in Tennessee. They would be closer and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

He wants a north trail. Rvs4less on handles landmarks and drv's now from what I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looking to get a new 2016 North Trail 27BHDS. After much research and a lot of BS from the small in state dealers, I found what seems to be a pretty good deal at RV Wholesalers and Jeff Couch's RV Nation. Both are in Ohio and I'm in S FL so it will be a good little road trip to get it. My question is, which of these 2 is better to deal with and are their deals as good as they seem? I still have to sell my 2009 North Country 30BHS so I have a little time to figure things out.

I think the guy that used to have RV wholesalers in Elkhart is same guy that opened up in OH or atleast he bought the url for the website and the Facebook page he used to have. If it is the same guy I would say they would be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt7383

We bought our 2014 big country from jeff couch in hamilton ohio. We had no problems with jeff couch, now they will try to sell added warranties and paint protection but so will everybody else. Make sure you do a good PDI and they let us spend the night in the lot. As fir warranty work we took ours to the local CW they didnt care where we bought it

BlackT

We bought our Torque 321 from RV Wholesalers in Lakeview, OH. Very easy process and nice folks. The PDI was not as thorough as I would have liked. I would suggest developing a checklist before showing up to take delivery. Also, be prepared for the obligatory accessories sales pitch. There is a very nice state park a few miles away from the dealership where you can camp and check out all of the systems over a few days. All in all, the cost savings (approximately $10k) was worth the trip. As far as warranty issues, I generally find it cheaper and faster to fix those things myself. If that is not the case for you, you should consider buying local, because there will most likely be issues to be dealt with.

F_Goose

Hi bohunter,
We bought from RVNation and are very pleased. We spent 2 years looking at dealer lots & rv shows for a travel trailer and finally narrowed it down to a NT 26lrss. Being on the west coast there was very few 26lrss' on dealer lots and when there was, we would be compromising on the features. Also dealers were only willing to come down a few thousand from msrp. I searched the Internet and found the 2 dealers you're looking at. I looked at rvwholesalers, but they seemed pushy and not so straightforward.

I checked out rvnation which had great prices on their stocked units but still would've compromised on features. I found their "build & price" feature and decided to try it. Within 15 min I received an email with an unbelievable price. I was wondering if these were inferior models or what? I talked to the sales mgr and we changed/added a few features to almost exactly what we wanted and purchased it. I was able to save over 12k off msrp and about 8-9k off dealer price. Even with the delivery charge we purchased well below what we wanted to spend.

The 2 months waiting were difficult and nerve wracking, to say the least. I found the HOC forum in the meantime, but not sure if it helped or made it worse. It was definitely a great thing though as it gave me great ideas before even having the trailer. I've even met a few owners that also purchased from rvnation through the forum.

We wanted to pick it up so we could do a proper PDI, but delays around the holidays and our work schedule prevented us from going. So we had it delivered to us instead. I don't recommend doing it this way since we didn't get to do a proper pdi, but we have been blessed as we had very little problems with our trailer. The few minor issues we had, we had it tken care of by rvnation through the phone and email. The only major issue, a short in the running lights and non working outside speaker were taken care of by the local dealer's service.

All in all it was a great experience buying from rvnation. I would buy from them again in the future. Hopefully this helps or you can PM me for more info if you like.
Fred

TxCowboy

Was looking through a few of the websites mentioned in this thread. It's amazing how large the price difference is for the same models and very similar equipment between Texas and Ohio, up to $35K for some models.

We decided to go with RV Wholesalers. They matched or beat any price we showed them, and the delivery date was shorter. They are also a couple hours closer. If everything goes as planned, we will take ownership of a 2016 North Trail 27 BHDS Caliber Edition by the end of July. Thanks for all the input.