Storm Damage in Wimberley Texas

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
To all of our Heartland Owners Club folks that have called and those that are wondering, we are high and dry. We are about half way up a hill in our sub-division and approximately 5 miles from the Blanco River which was 28 feet above flood stage. Several bridges are out and homes along the Blanco are either severely damaged (extra high water) or gone. Unfortunately there are 12 people missing. Prayers for all the folks along the river.

pegmikef

Great to hear Tom and thanks for posting. Peggy had just asked me to PM you to check on you folks. Stay safe!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I totally forgot yall live in that area now Tom. Glad you are both ok and your home is fine as well. Can't wait to see yall again in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

Tom, I met you at the Santo rally in March....I was the scrambled egg chef for Nancy and Dave......glad to hear you are safe in your new place. Take care!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Good to hear Tom. My daughter lost her car and got some water in their house last night. What a rain here in Houston. I think the worst is over now. Watch the low road crossings if there is more rain. They rush down pretty fast and those foot markers aren't there for decorations. I had reservations at the Blanco SP for the 1st week of August. That's probably out. Later, be safe and have a great day.

8amps

Thanks for letting us know you and Marti alive and well Tom. We have been praying for all the folks affected. We just left Texas for Colorado. The park where we stayed in Dallas is closed due to flooding. Glad to have this forum to check on our new friends.

TomMar

Good to hear Tom. My daughter lost her car and got some water in their house last night. What a rain here in Houston. I think the worst is over now. Watch the low road crossings if there is more rain. They rush down pretty fast and those foot markers aren't there for decorations. I had reservations at the Blanco SP for the 1st week of August. That's probably out. Later, be safe and have a great day.

Sorry about your daughters car. High water knows no friends.

Yep I think Blanco State Park is going to be out of commision for a little while and those low water crossings are everywhere. KXAN shows a map of the open/closed crossings and there are 990 in their viewing area. Y'all trave safe

TomMar

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. The HOC family is awsome !

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Tom & Marti,
Glad all is well, Karen a I were wondering how things were up your way. So far all is good here at the park in Houston. The lake is over its banks and the bayou looks like a raging river.

TomMar

Tom & Marti,
Glad all is well, Karen a I were wondering how things were up your way. So far all is good here at the park in Houston. The lake is over its banks and the bayou looks like a raging river.
Ditto from this end - We are glad y'all are okay. I forgot about the lake and that bayou is .........Is Addicks holding up or is hwy 6 shut off. Only 34 more days, y'all stay dry

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Addicks is holding up, HWY 6 has remained open even though the water is very high.