Thank you MT Pockets!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
About 30 miles after leaving Moab, my truck threw a code and went into limp mode. It was still moving on flat road, but didn't fare quite as well on a 7% uphill grade.
I made it to a turnout and stopped. After going back and forth for 30 minutes with Good Sam, they still couldn't figure out where we were.
Terry and June (MT Pockets) pulled up and saved our bacon. Terry drove ahead and checked out Monticello and found a diesel repair shop, as well as an RV park. Terry then dropped his rig and came back and pulled ours to the RV park. I limped to the repair shop safely.

Without these two nice people we would still be sitting on the side of a steep grade in the middle of nowhere.
Thank you, Terry and June!!

MTPockets

Trace, it was our pleasure. We were only going to Blanding, another 30 miles, and it gave us something to do. Just glad we had our Ford to help that Dodge Cummins up the hill. LOL

View attachment 37155
Trace, your Big Horn looks mighty fine behind that Ford! (Just had to take advantage; could be other way around some day; ....... )
View attachment 37156
I do hope it turns out to be something simple!

8amps

We had our truck go into limp mode this weekend too. That is a very bad feeling when you're out in the middle of nowhere and got your rig behind you. Yes we have Good Sam but we didn't even have cell service. Fortunately, we got it sorted out, no big problem, but that is unnerving to say the least. Glad Terry and June were there to save the day!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Terry and June . . . you can follow us any day! :eek:

Great job!

Our 5th-wheel experience starts this Friday . . . we can only hope someone like you guys will be behind us when we have problems!

Mrsfish

We learned this lesson in boating - you always stop and help out a stranded boater, because one day it could be you. Good job Terry and June- good karma coming your way for sure!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
There's nothing like fellow Heartlanders. Thanks Terry for being a good samaritan.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a minor problem going to Gillette and it turned out to be a Turbo hose blowing off. Happened a couple of times but now I have it fixed permanently. I also try to stop and help RVers on the side of the road, Trailer or MH's We are all in the same boat.

BC

jbeletti

I had a minor problem going to Gillette and it turned out to be a Turbo hose blowing off. Happened a couple of times but now I have it fixed permanently. I also try to stop and help RVers on the side of the road, Trailer or MH's We are all in the same boat.

BC

I think I remember this Bob. I think you called me and I ended up dispatching John Dawson to your aid. Heartlanders do try to take care of each other :)

Gaffer

What year is your Dodge? If you have a particulate filter, it could be plugged. New ones are not cheap but I was able to have mine cleaned out. The shop had to remove it and cut off the attachment so it would fit into the oven at the Kenworth shop then weld the attachment back on. Hope it is something easier. Maybe a forced re-gen will do it.

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
PJ,
Thanks for the info. Mine is an '06, 5.9. No regen or particulate filter.
The shop called and said they found a defective wiring harness to the fuel injectors. They are going to [try] to get a replacement and have it repaired today. Trace