Intermittent Outages / Slow downs

linuxkidd

We moved to the new host just before they had a major failure of their file storage system. The slowness and outages is due to the recovery/restoration process that is going on behind the scenes. We have been working very closely with the new host to ensure this is resolved as quick as possible, but when you have as much data stored as this company does... It just takes time. We are hope'n that the recovery process completes within the next few days. Once this completes, the forum should be back to it's regular speed (if not quicker!).

We apologize for any inconvenience.
LK

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I was beginning to wonder if *I* had the problem...things were taking forever to load.

jimtoo

I don't know about everybody else. But it is and has been working great for me today, and now.

BluegrassMan

I don't know how it's going better in your area, I haven't been on in 4 days hoping it would be better by now. It is a "little" faster, but NOT like it used to be. Heck, I'm even on Cable hook up, I'd hate to be on dial up, I'd fall asleep waiting to post, I'm only getting drowsy at the current speed. :)

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Good today. OK yesterday, once I got on, but that took almost 10 minutes. Got three games of Spider Solitaire while waiting.

Also, sometimes when I get on, it tells me that I last visited 1 minute ago and other times it stays at the appropriate time.

BluegrassMan

I just got on awhile ago, took a long time to verify my username-password before opening the "new posts" section. I guess we'll just have to live with it. I also get on a truck forum with the same format as this one, it's not slow. Don't know wuzup....