ATF: North Trail - 28 BHS Slide appears to have more room to slide out further

Mburke

Our 2015 28 BHS Slide seems like it has about an inch or two that it could still extend out. I noticed this over the past weekend and I was curious if this is normal or if I should see if they need t adjust it at RV America where we purchased it. It sounds small but 1-2 inches could make a big difference in the space.

Mburke

I can't tell if the gasket is tight to the interior wall. The trim work is definitely off but there still feels like there is more room. There are no leaks and things don't sound like there is anything catching or not allowing the slid to extract all the way out. I will check tomorrow and see if I can post some pics to better describe.

branson4020

Icantre Member
If the gasket is tight to the wall then the slide is fully extended. You will always be able to get your fingers between the wall and the wood trim.

Mburke

Thanks for the thoughts. I called the dealer and I was contacted by the Heartland support as well. It sounds like it is normal to have they slight space between the exterior wall and the fully extended slide. Our dealer said they would be happy to check it out to make sure but since it is in the heart of our first season with this new adventure of owning a camper we will wait until the fall. As long as it not leaking I am totally fine.