Help please! Water damage in bedroom!!!

Jkcc4

Hello, I recently became the owner of a 2010 27 BHS. We are very pleased with trailer. But however I did find some water damage in the front storage compartment floor and a small soft spot by the master bed. Does anybody have any info on how to properly remove the master bed and closet area so the repairs can be made. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

szewczyk_john

I take a stab in the dark that you'll find separation where the front cap of the unit meets the roof line. This area is often neglected. This area faces all the wind turbulence from travel and is a flex point between the roof and front wall of the trailer. I'll bet that the caulking in this area is woefully cracked allowing water to penetrate. I'll also bet that when you get up on the roof to look at it, you'll find screws that are not even holding anything down cause the wood under it was been allowed to become water logged. Hopefully there will be enough good wood left that you can make repairs to the roof to stop the leak. Good luck

MCTalley

I take a stab in the dark that you'll find separation where the front cap of the unit meets the roof line. This area is often neglected. This area faces all the wind turbulence from travel and is a flex point between the roof and front wall of the trailer. I'll bet that the caulking in this area is woefully cracked allowing water to penetrate. I'll also bet that when you get up on the roof to look at it, you'll find screws that are not even holding anything down cause the wood under it was been allowed to become water logged. Hopefully there will be enough good wood left that you can make repairs to the roof to stop the leak. Good luck

The 27 BHS is a North Country travel trailer, so it doesn't have a traditional front cap. Regardless, finding the source of the water intrusion is still a top priority, obviously. It may still be a sealing issue between the roof and side walls.

Jkcc4

It appears that I have found the leaks and it is coming in the front luggage doors. I did check the roof and it appears to be fine. Thanks for the replies!

MCTalley

From disassembling parts of my trailer over time, I've generally found that things are either screwed together or stapled together. When disassembling something, I look and feel around for screws first and, if not found, start prying off stapled on panels to attempt access.