Sony DVD Surround Sound Question

I have a 2015 Road Warrior 420 with the Sony DVD Surround Sound Model DAV-TZ140, This system will only play surround sound when dvds are being played. I want to replace it with a better one that I can plug my laptop and game system into so the surround sound works on it as well. when I googled the current system it shows a 5 speaker + subwoofer. when I pulled the unit out it has the 5 speakers and subwoofer plugged into the unit. I started to trace the wires using a dvd and listening for them and found one front speaker not working and I cant find the subwoofer. Im thinking it is not working as well. my question is were in the world did they install the subwoofer?

pegmikef

I don't know where they hid the subwoofer in your rig (mine was in one of the cabinets), but I have the same Sony system and it plays audio from the TV just fine. Make sure the TV's audio out ports are connected to the systems audio in ports (uses stand RCA plugs/cables). My last TV did not have audio out so I used the headphone output to pipe it to the system and I had to use a stereo miniplug to RCA plugs converter (Walmart). Here's a link to the wiring diagram for the Sony.

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Electronics/Surrnd_Snd/Sony/Sony DAVTZ140.pdf

Thanks for the quick response. that diagram is a big help. Now I just need to find out were the subwoofer is located. it does not seem to work at all. I tried to move the cable to other slots and can not hear anything. I traced the wire as far as up behind the tv along with the same wires heading to the wall behind the couch. I checked behind the couches as that would be about the only place you would think they would put it but no luck its not there.

Funny thing is I call heartland and asked them were it is and they dont seem to know either.
Thanks for the quick response. that diagram is a big help. Now I just need to find out were the subwoofer is located. it does not seem to work at all. I tried to move the cable to other slots and can not hear anything. I traced the wire as far as up behind the tv along with the same wires heading to the wall behind the couch. I checked behind the couches as that would be about the only place you would think they would put it but no luck its not there.

ndmac

My subwoofer is located under the floor near entertainment center by the furnace/WH etc. on CY4200. Might look behind panel in your storage compartments.

Found it when I was turning by-pass valve this spring.

Sure enough I pulled the vent panel by the oven on the floor and can now see it in there. any idea on a way to get in to it? the panel is so small theres no way i can get to it that way.
My subwoofer is located under the floor near entertainment center by the furnace/WH etc. on CY4200. Might look behind panel in your storage compartments.

Found it when I was turning by-pass valve this spring.

ndmac

Sure enough I pulled the vent panel by the oven on the floor and can now see it in there. any idea on a way to get in to it? the panel is so small theres no way i can get to it that way.
Unfortunately I am not familiar with Road Warrior layout, but I would suggest seeing if you can pull some panels from storage areas to access it.

Good Luck.