New 2015 Chevy Highlander with Greystone 33CK, Truck too high?

Hi, My husband just traded his truck and when he came home with it the first thing I noticed was the height of the box. this is a "standard" diesel truck, no extras. We measured it and the bottom of the box is at 40" with the top of the sides at 61". Seems awfully high and it sure is a lot higher then our 2011 GMC 2500 Diesel truck.
Any way to find out if this will work with our 2013 Greystone 33CK? (we use a reese sliding hitch) before we drill the holes in this truck for the hitch?
Thanks for your time (one worried camper here).

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have not heard about a Chevy Highlander. Is it a lifted truck or does it have oversize tires?
But I gotta be honest, people are towing with just about any combination.
It does seem a bit high though. My RAM is 57" at the rails and 36 at the box.

Peace
Dave

My mistake. Not a highlander a high country. (It's like the Denali for the gmc) it does have the 20" tires but other then that it's factory

Kbvols

I have a 2014 Silverado and pull a Greystone 33qs...I want to say the top of my bed is around 60 inches but not positive I will measure later this evening when I get home. I have 18 in tires vs your 20 inch.

Kbvols

Marleen.. My side rails are 57 inches from the floor. I too have a reese slider hitch and the trailer rides level. Hope this helps.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Unless GM changed the bed rail height on the 2015's...it should be the same as your 2011. If you were to measure the tire height between a 18" and a 20" they are probably the same height. Less tire and more rim on a 20" wheel/tire combo. Your hitch should adjustable up or down. BTW, did keep the hitch frame brackets and do they fit the 2015 frame mounting holes?