Progressive EMS-HW50C in Gateway 3650BH

rwm01

Has any one installed a Progressive EMS-HW50C in a 2015 Gateway 3650BH?
What is the best (and easiest) location to to install it?

Thanks,
Bob

scottyb

Do you have a generator and automatic transfer switch? If so, you need to install it either before or after the transfer switch. The instructions for the HW50C offer both methods. All it requires is a short piece (3'-5' depending on placement) of #6-4 cable. I recommend SO cable because of it's flexibility and ease to work with. If you don't have a generator or generator prep, someone else may have a better idea.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Or you could leave the original slack on the input side and just remove the suppressor and rejoin the original connections at the breaker panel.

rwm01

I already have the EMS-HW50C. Being a rookie to RVs, I was looking for a little guidance on installation location. I am thinking that behind the breaker box where the main power comes in, but was hoping to find others experience with this particular RV before I started pulling the breaker box.

rwm01

I got the Progressive EMS-HW50C installed in the 3650BH today. It wasn't as daunting a task as I led myself to believe.

I picked up about 5' of wire from Lowe's and that along with the extra length going to the breaker box, I had plenty of slack for the install. On this Gateway, there is an ideal spot for it on the panel next to the converter behind the breaker box if the converter and its wiring are moved to one side. I didn't take the time to do this as mid 80s temperature and 60% humidity in north Louisiana with no A/C swayed my decision. Instead, I took the quicker[ route and mounted it below the drawers in the kitchen.

I mounted the display below the breaker box. It's a little low, but I didn't have to drill any holes for the data cable. It's easily visible from the couch or dining room table.

I did find one thing during the install that was a little scary. When the wire was installed in the breaker box, the installer cut thru the insulation on all three wires when the outer shielding on the wire was removed. Its a good thing the strain relief on the breaker box, which was clamped on top of the cut, was plastic or there could have been issues.

If I decided to trade in the future, it won't be too difficult to take it with me.

Bob