Does this mean I'm getting old?

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I believe it is 50 yrs old. I used to be a member and let it lapse. I know when I turned 50, I started getting a lot of junk mail from them.
Fred

Delaine and Lindy

Its 50 yrs and you will get all kinds of junk mail. Some how they know a lot of info on you. It must be a conspiracy, they know to much about you. I do know they seem to vote as a block. GBY...

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I joined 20 years ago when I was 46. Got all the benefits except that I could not vote on issues. Have you ever been asked to vote on anything that AARP puts out???

Delaine and Lindy

This is Delaine(DW) of Delaine and Lindy. I joined AARP when I turned 50 and then realized, most places will give you a Senior discount if you just tell them your age, so I dropped my membership. When I call for reservations I give them RV memberships and if they ask about AARP, I just say, "We are seniors" and they give discount.

Thanks for the comments on AARP. My hubbie, Spanky just turned 50 and I, BrandySniffer will next year and we were going to join but will think twice about it now. Really don't need anymore junk mail. We get enough already from Good Sams.