SOLVED: Landmark - storage bay lights

I am a new owner of '12 Key Largo. The two storage bay lights (basement) won't turn on as well as the one in the front generator storage area. the UDC light works and the outside light for the landing jack switch. Can't figure out what is the issue. Lamps are good as are all fuses in the fuse panel. Is there a secret light switch that must be on to allow power to these 3 lights? Thanks for your help on this.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Landmark - storage bay lights out (basement lights)

I am a new owner of '12 Key Largo. The two storage bay lights (basement) won't turn on as well as the one in the front generator storage area. the UDC light works and the outside light for the landing jack switch. Can't figure out what is the issue. Lamps are good as are all fuses in the fuse panel. Is there a secret light switch that must be on to allow power to these 3 lights? Thanks for your help on this.

We have a 2015 Ashland and there is a on off switch on the left side of the basement (utilities connection) that is right next to the auto levelers. That switch has to be on for the basement lights to work. I think it was put there so you could leave both basement lights on and turn them both off at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for your SPEEDY reply. I will go turn that switch on. I thought is was just to turn on the leveling system. I bought the Key Largo already set up and have not used the leveling system. So I was afraid to turn the switch on and screw up the leveling. This RV is set up at a park in the mountains of Colorado and is not intended to be moved. It is our summer home and so I'm learning as much as I can about this unit.

Update: That was it. I feel so stupid. Thanks again.....

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader

Thank you for your SPEEDY reply. I will go turn that switch on. I thought is was just to turn on the leveling system. I bought the Key Largo already set up and have not used the leveling system. So I was afraid to turn the switch on and screw up the leveling. This RV is set up at a park in the mountains of Colorado and is not intended to be moved. It is our summer home and so I'm learning as much as I can about this unit.

Update: That was it. I feel so stupid. Thanks again.....

Don't feel stupid. I learned about that switch from someone else in the forums and I thought the same thing in that it was for the levelers. Owning an RV is a major learning experience.

Yes it is. Since we didn't have the advantage of a dealer walk thru and orientation, it is a steep learning curve consisting of this forum, the little info in the manual, and other 5th wheel owners coupled with common sense and digging it out on my own. Keeps the potential Alzheimer issue at bay for a while anyway.