Slide-out

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
We just got are camper out for storage for the season and noticed that on the living room and kitchen slide top coroner that you can see the black rubber seal .When we put it in storage you could not see the seal. Is it normal for the slide to settle on one side when not being used for several months. I`ll try to post a few picture in the near future. Here are the picture of the seal showing on the front top of the slide out

Thanks

Last edited:

pickuphunt

slide seal

I can't tell by your description exactly what has happened, but I would not think that the slide will sage. I do know that the seals on the outside do fit along a channel attached to the side of the unit. If for some reason the rubber seal sticks to the slide when the slide is put out, the seal will come out of the channel. This happened to us when we arrived in Texas in January. I did a "look-a-round" after the slides were out and found a seal pulled from its channel. It is very important ,especially the top seal, that the seal be back in the channel when the slide goes back in, as if it is not, water will come in from a driving rain from that direction. WFM (Works for me)

jpmorgan37

pickuphunt has a very good point. It's a good idea to spray the rubber seals with silicone spray before putting the coach in storage for a period of time. This will help keep the seals from sticking to another surface when the slides are opened again.

John

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
Slide-Out Pictures

Here are the picture of the slide-out seal . The seal show on the top right hand side and as you go to the left it slow disappearsto where no seal show on the left. Is this normal on slide out ?

Thanks

pickuphunt

slide seal

This is not normal. Have you looked at the bracket that holds the spindle that the rail rides in. If that bracket has broke loose from the frame, it could cause the one side to drop down some.

jbeletti

brunomisty,

As pickuphunt has mentioned, this is "not normal". You need to get this in and looked at ASAP. I suggest that you not run the slide out.

Contact your dealer tomorrow.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Here are the picture of the slide-out seal . The seal show on the top right hand side and as you go to the left it slow disappearsto where no seal show on the left. Is this normal on slide out ?

Thanks

That isn't normal to even my inexperienced eyes. The side of mine is very smooth...you shouldn't even be seeing that kind of gap.

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
I found that the bolts to the slide adjustment were all loose on the kitchen slide and the living room slide.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
My first trip out with the new Rig I noticed I too had the same problem with loose bolts on Kitchen Slide .