How to get the cable in 2015 Bighorn 3750fl working

Hi all - We just took delivery yesterday afternoon. Antenna works fine. On the outside of the coach there are 4 inputs for cable/satellite all of which are labeled satellite. Inside, in the Livingroom there is a double outlet - one labeled antenna and the other is labeled Satellite. Left the TV connected to the Antenna but turned off the booster - We hooked the campground cable into the first outside outlet labeled satellite - did an auto search for cable channels and aren't getting anything. Tried the second outside connection and nothing still. Before trying the other two outlets and doing auto search again I thought I'd see if someone on the forum could point me in the right direction...Husband thinks we should hook the TV into the Satellite outlet. I thought that the Antenna/Cable connections ran together and would only move the TV over to Satellite if we had Satellite...We will want to be able to connect to the Antenna and/or Cable on the TV in Livingroom, Bedroom and outside...

farside291

Those 4 connections are for the Satellite going to the bedroom or Living room. One is the input side and the other is the output side for the living and bedroom satellite connections. The TV is on its own connection, I believe on the side of the compartment. I am sure others will chime in, I don't use those connections at all, just the TV connection and it provides TV signal to all outlets, bedroom, living room and outside connection

racinjake

good morning....
make sure on your tv set-up that you have selected "cable" not "air/antenna" prior to running scan. keep booster off and stay connected to antenna outlet. sorry, i am not familiar with the bighorn to know which outsise connection will work for you...enjoy your new bighorn.

jerry o.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Don't use any of the satellite connections for park cable. You should have a single, separate coax connector in the UDC for park cable.

Last edited by a moderator:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
The catv connection is usually on the side of the udc where the sat connections are on the back.

FlyerChief

On the inside of the UDC door, there should be a diagram that illustrates the connections, what they're for, and where they go. The above posts are correct, the cable connection is seperate from the satellite connections. Also, there have occasionally been problems with the crimp connections behind the wall in the UDC. It's conceivable that you could have everything hooked up right and it still doesn't work. In that case, it could be a loose connection or splitter.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
While hooking up the TV's two nights ago in our new Prowler, I discovered that the coax outlets in the living room were marked backwards.

Right now I've got the TV antenna coming out of the satellite connection.

I'm thinking of pulling the plate out of the wall and switching the plate connections on the back to match the labels on the wall instead of trying to peel off the labels and making new ones.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You should have a separate (not the 4 satellite connectors) Cable TV hookup in the UDC.

branson4020

Icantre Member
The Universal Docking Center. Its the outside compartment where your cable, satellite and water hookup are located. Also, maybe your dump valves.

will check that out this afternoon...thanks for all the replies!! I was so focused on the four satellite hookups that I didn't even think to look for a separate cable connection! :confused:

I thought the Universal Docking Center was for charging my cell phone and ipod - man I am so disappointed to find out how wrong I was :rolleyes:. You all can stop panicking now - I found the cable hookup! YAYYYYY!! I love this site - never fails that someone knows how to direct us to a solution!! They are going to be picking up the Cyclone tomorrow - a little sentimental but LOVING all of this space in the Big Horn!! Well, once I get everything put up I will - boy, I didn't realize how much "stuff" we had in the hauler!

SeattleLion

Those two double connectors marked Satellite are often jumpered with a short cable between the two. The left connector in each pair goes to the prewired sat antenna feed. This feed terminates on the roof and connects to the dish. The right connectors are cables to the satellite connectors in the living room and bedroom There should be a diagram on the left wall of the UDC. Cable goes to a single connector located on the side wall. Since we have a Trav'ler, I put a jumper across the two doubles. All is fine.

AAdams

Re: How do I get the cable to work in 2015 Big Horn 3750FL

Hi, here is a picture of the cable connection under the outlet.

attachment.php

Then, on the LG TV when you scan it will scan for local, cable, etc...

Attachments

• UDC_Cable.jpg
    UDC_Cable.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 276

teasac69

When I tried to use that single infeed point on the right wall of the UDC I got nothing. When I plugged the Cable TV coax into the one of two in the top center of the UDC (labeled "satellite feed to living room") I got up and running with no problem. Why does it seem no two trailers are alike? why does it matter whether you're hooking cable or satellite to the TV as long as you find the right location (Living room vrs bedroom)??

In fact, I split the incoming cable with a proper signal strength splitter (i.e. feeding primary to box and the lower signal to bedroom); I have both. I don't know what that single input point is for?? I also had good signal and picture with air antenna prior to connecting cable.

I've read the "how to" manuals and the various connectors and jumpers inside in the front closet make no sense? there is also a small black din type plug sticking through the front wall near the power booster for the antenna?? what is that for??

I know I've seen more than one response or comment to these threads on cable/satellite hookups, wiring, etc., allude to some disappointment with why is it so dang difficult, why aren't they standardized? why do we have to get professional advice to hook up a TV??

and I still haven't learned how to operate my sound bar on my big TV and I'm not your typical technodummy.

oh well I feel better :)