Add a Washer/Dryer Combo to a order?

explorer2316

Explorer2316
1st post, great forum!

I have a Landmark 365 on order and it is due to be built on 6/15/15 or so. I had planned on adding the washer/dryer in after we took delivery but, I am having second thoughts. I have read a lot of the post here and read the Splendide installation instructions (good instructions). I'm just alittle skittish about drilling a vent hole, running a drain line and making the suggest floor mods recommended. I should also say, it has to be done right or I’ll twitch for as long as I own the trailer.

I'll like to hear the pros and cons of having it done at the factory and thesame from some do it your selfers.

All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

danemayer

Hi explorer2316,

Congratulations on the Landmark 365 - you'll love it.

We have the Splendide stackable units that were factory installed.

It's possible to do a nice job locally, but there have been some posts where dealers didn't quite do a perfect job. Some owners have done the install themselves and found it manageable. The hardest part is probably getting the dryer vent in the right place. It can also take a bit of work to get the washer and dryer into the prep area.

One thing to consider - with body paint, having the installation done at the factory will give you a vent that's painted. Adding it locally will leave you with a white vent that needs to be painted.

MTPockets

We don't have W/D, but would recommend if you want one to have it added in at the factory. That would then include the factory warranty on the installation, hook-ups, vents.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Thanks for the quick reply. You are right in that cutting the vent hole is the tricky/hardest part. Paint is not an issue for me as I went with the standard graphics package and did not get the full body paint.
Thanks again.

Jim-Lynn

We installed our washer / dryer combo ourselves - my suggestion, let the dealer or factory do it.

travlingman

Get it from factory. We had ours dealer installed and were supposed to get a new unit. Tried to get warranty work done and found out the unit had been registered a year before we bought it.

putnamom

Will Heartland install a washer dryer combo... I want to keep the space above it for hanging coats... but we want the factory installation...

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Thanks to everyone for your comments.

I contacted my dealer and was able to do a change order. The factory is going to install a stackable pair.

Here's the units they are currently using at the factory. Looks like nice units.
Washer - Splendide - 120V/60Hz - White - ARXL126WSPNA
Dryer - 120V -White - Splendide - TVM63XNA

GETnBYE

I am trying to add this option to my Bighorn 3685 order also, awaiting an answer whether this option is going to remain available . I wonder if this only going to be a landmark option?

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

I contacted my dealer and was able to do a change order. The factory is going to install a stackable pair.

Here's the units they are currently using at the factory. Looks like nice units.
Washer - Splendide - 120V/60Hz - White - ARXL126WSPNA
Dryer - 120V -White - Splendide - TVM63XNA

buddyboy

We specified the Splendide models of washer and dryer we wanted and our dealer made sure those were what we received.

Bohemian

Again, it see,s as it Heartland does nolt offer the combo W/D only the stackables. It would be great if the factory would install the combo W/d. Do they? Will they?

buddyboy

Again, it see,s as it Heartland does nolt offer the combo W/D only the stackables. It would be great if the factory would install the combo W/d. Do they? Will they?

I'll defer to others. Personally, I don't like the combo units. Had one on my boat and never liked it. If memory serves me correctly, I could have chosen a combo when the order was placed.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Just a quick follow up to ths topic.

I made my change order in time for the factory install. The dealer was very fair and sold the option at the same discount rate that the other options cost pre-order.

I picked up my trailer June 22nd, packed it up, and started camping on June 26th. We absolutely love it!

The washer works quite well, not much different than a smaller version of the typical home unit.
As many others have stated, the dryer takes much longer than normal. This is expected as it is a 120 volt unit and makes half the heat of a 240 volt unit, at the same current. Overall it fits the bill and we are very pleased.

I have a list of 8 items, so far, and have a appointment with my dealer on July 13th to get the issues taken care of.