Hydraulic system repair and bleeding

Sparkie

I have a 06' Landmark. I have to replace 2 hoses to the front jacks. I have contacted Jim at Lippert and received some guidelines but they don't relate to the pump assembly I have. He recommended using a 'purge kit' and even sent me a picture of it. The problem is he doesn't know where I can buy one. Neither does Camping World. So, can anybody out there help me? I need to know how to replace 2 lines to the front jacks and how to bleed the system. Yes, I have contacted Chris at Heartland and he refered me to Lippert.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Sparkie

driver311

air

if u cycle the legs 3-4 times up and down should purg the air out of the lines. these system are self bleeding.

driver311NoneNone

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I think that drivers suggestion is a good one. Thats the way you bleed a power steering unit on a car. Just run them up and down until the air bubbles go away. Bob

Tom of Ypsi

Sparkie,

Do you have a schematic of where the hoses go to. I have a hose leaking right at the pump that is making my landing legs go down on their own. Following the hose it goes down into the underbelly and comes up under the bedroom but I have not pulled the bed apart to see if it goes into there. Is it possible to just cut the hose and replace the fittings without buying a bunch of tools. The nearest store or shop to me is around 17 miles and I do not want to make more than one trip is necessary. Thanks to all in advance.

Sparkie

Hydraulic hose repair

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I do not believe you can cut these lines to repair them. There is a schematic on the Lippert website but it sure doesn't look like it relates to my unit. Another rv website highly recommended that I should have a rv shop do the work because of difficulty and safety. The job should only take an hour. I'm going to take their advice on this one!

Hope this helps. If you ned more info call Lippert (866-524-7821).

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Sparkie,

Do you have a schematic of where the hoses go to. I have a hose leaking right at the pump that is making my landing legs go down on their own. Following the hose it goes down into the underbelly and comes up under the bedroom but I have not pulled the bed apart to see if it goes into there. Is it possible to just cut the hose and replace the fittings without buying a bunch of tools. The nearest store or shop to me is around 17 miles and I do not want to make more than one trip is necessary. Thanks to all in advance.

I would not recommend doing the fitting replacement, yourself. These are pressure fittings that need to be installed by a professional. There are many shops that can replace the fitting for you. All you have to do is pull the hose and take it to them and they will put a new fitting on for you, and pressure test it, to make sure that is doesn't leak and that it is properly installed. I have had power steering hoses that have leaked at the fitting before and had them replaced by a shop and the cost is very minimal.
Fred

We have a 2011 Cyclone. Does the same hydraulic system operate the slide outs that operates the front jacks? We are having problems with our front jacks, and wondered if it would affect the slide outs, too.

danemayer

We have a 2011 Cyclone. Does the same hydraulic system operate the slide outs that operates the front jacks? We are having problems with our front jacks, and wondered if it would affect the slide outs, too.

Hi DodieOrrill,

There's only one hydraulic system. If your slides are hydraulic (rather than cable/electric motor), they would share some problems with the front jacks. A switch failure on the front jacks wouldn't affect the slides, but a problem with the pump would affect all hydraulic systems in the coach.

Last week when you posted, you were headed to the shop to get the landing jacks working. Are the landing jacks still giving you trouble, even after the repair last week?