Thoughts on TT SLE 25

Ronlund2

looking to buy the family's first camper and was looking at the SLE 25. Number one concern is the length of the trailer as I've never pulled anything that big. Going forward is no issue and I don't want to limit the camping experience to pull through sites only. Any suggestions or lessons learned.

jimtoo

Hi Ronlund2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Once you pull it you will find it an easy task, but for backing up I suggest you find a empty parking lot at a church or ball field and get some one to spot for you, maybe set out some cones or markers and just practice and play. If you can back one up that is 10--15 feet.. you will not have a problem with this unit being almost 30'. Just takes a little learning and practice.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I went from infrequent towing of small boats and trailers to my first travel trailer several years ago. It was 36 feet tip to tail and so I was quite nervous the first time towing. What I found was that long North Trail that I had purchased was very easy to tow and even easier to back up than any of the small trailers that I towed over the years. Last fall, I towed a friends pop-up camper a couple of times and had more trouble backing that thing up than I have ever had backing up my large travel trailer.

A little practice and a good, properly setup, weight distributing hitch with anti-sway will make towing very easy most of the time.

I have an equal-I-zer hitch that was offers both and is very easy to attach and detach. Equal-I-zer customer support is great, too!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The worst thing people do when backing for the 1st few times is....over correcting. Back up slowly and turn the TV wheels a little at a time to correct the angles of the TT. Tell your spotter.."if you cant see my face in the mirror...I cant see you". Make sure your spotter stays out from behind the TT and stands at the side so you can see them. Long TT react slower than a short TT. Best I can tell you. BTW, yelling at each other wont help you much, cause you might end up sleeping the truck.

jimtoo

When you go to pick up your new toy do a really, good, slow PDI. Check it from top to bottom and front to back. Make sure everything works and you can work everything. If possible even stay at the dealer for a day or so just to check it out and get anything fixed you find not working correctly. None are perfect.

Jim M