Let's Talk Vacuums!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Let's talk vacuums! Our Landmark came with the Dyson cordless....thought it was cool at first. Didn't take long to realize it had no power head and was pretty much useless especially having a couple dogs and working in dirty/muddy areas. So, I bought a Shark...great vacuum, BUT have to break it down and store it in the cargo bay...plus always have to lug around the cord.

Vacuuming became a real chore...enter my latest find. The Hoover Air Cordless....I am in heaven! Not only is it a full powered vacuum...it will almost lift the carpet off the floor, but it isn't much larger the Dyson and stores in the same spot in the closet...but it has NO cord, and it uses two lithium rechargeable batteries...if one dies just switch them out and keep going! However, one battery holds a charge for about 50 minutes...

The best part, I got it at Walmart for $189...cheaper than both of my other vacuums and combines the best parts of both!! Don't think you can find a better vacuum for the RV.....

Hey Heartland, bet you can get this cheaper than the Dyson Cordless and provide a MUCH better vacuum than your competitors!!
:)

Air™ Cordless Series 3.0 Upright Vacuum
Free Standard Shipping with the purchase of any Hoover® Cleaner | Flat Rate $4.99 Shipping on any Parts, Accessories & Solutions
HOOVER.COM

Last edited:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Let's Talk Vaccums!

We love our dyson but we also bought it ourselves instead of the one from heartland. Could not believe the stuff it picks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Did you get the Dyson with the power head? The one that comes in Heartland products does not have a powered head...

bdb2047

We also have the Hoover.Works great much easier than the central and it's hose and does a better job

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Kathy - our coach has the power head with the Dyson, eventho it's a small head. They must have changed the model vacuum between the making of our two coaches.

jassson007

Did you get the Dyson with the power head? The one that comes in Heartland products does not have a powered head...

Yes ma'am. It does have the beater bar with brushes if that is what you are talking about. We bought the model that is supposed to be good at getting rid of pet hair. Lol

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Yes ma'am. It does have the beater bar with brushes if that is what you are talking about. We bought the model that is supposed to be good at getting rid of pet hair. Lol

WHAT?! Dachshunds shed?????? :rolleyes:

jassson007

That's what I said. Lol. I can make a rug with the hair I sweep up once a week. Lol

jo9463

WHAT?! Dachshunds shed?????? :rolleyes:

When Andy brought up getting a dog, I told him no cause of the dog hair. He swore that a pure bred dachshund doesn't shed. Boy did I fall for that - hook, line, and sinker...lol

jassson007

When Andy brought up getting a dog, I told him no cause of the dog hair. He swore that a pure bred dachshund doesn't shed. Boy did I fall for that - hook, line, and sinker...lol

Did I forget to mention the hair is red that I sweep up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rxbristol

We replaced ours with a corded Shark. Looks similar to the Dyson, but 100 times more power and pickup. Weighs the same and takes up less room.

kakampers

Kathy - our coach has the power head with the Dyson, eventho it's a small head. They must have changed the model vacuum between the making of our two coaches.

The difference I'm referring to is that the Dyson Slim that came in our Landmark get's is power directly from the main motor, making it much less powerful....Dyson makes a similar unit DC59 with a motorhead, where the head has it's own motor. The Slim hardly picks up anything, especially with two dogs....this Hoover has a much more powerful motorized head.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

We have seven Mainecoone's (cats), which I call vacuum killers!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Ain't they the cutest things?????

Anywayz . . .

I bought the Consumers Reports recommended vacuum for pets a few years ago (Sears Kenmore model) . . . and our loveable fuzzballs basically killed it!

I purchased the Shark Rotator Plus (the one on the infomercials on TV) four months ago . . . and so far it is awesome!

That thing picks up cat fur that our previous Sears Kenmore only dreamed about picking up . . .

I highly recommend the Shark Rotator Plus . . .

It is the most awesome vacuum cleaner I've ever owned . . . and I've owned a lot of them over the years!

I am thinking about buying another one to put in our new 2015 Heartland 5th-wheeler!

Attachments

• Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg
    Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 322
  • Campout2012Spicy-PC270042.jpg
    Campout2012Spicy-PC270042.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Campout2012Spicy&Marcy-PC260025.jpg
    Campout2012Spicy&Marcy-PC260025.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 316
  • Spicy-PA254749.jpg
    Spicy-PA254749.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Marcy-PA254756.jpg
    Marcy-PA254756.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 314
  • SierraInSlippers-P2260312.jpg
    SierraInSlippers-P2260312.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 316
  • CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg
    CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 314

mmomega

AnyTimer
I'm surprised to hear that about the Dyson, I wasn't even aware that the handhelds didn't come with powered heads.
I replaced our large vacuum at home back when the very first handheld Dyson came out and it's still going great and will suck like nobodies business :)
I have found out that, regardless of vacuum type, you need to make sure everything is sealed properly and that the filter is clean. Most of the newer ones you can just rinse in the sink and let dry.
Every so often I'll strip my Dyson's down and wash the entire canister assembly, basically everything except for the handle that houses the electronics. I'll wash in warm water and let air dry. Put it back together and it's as good as new.

I picked up a 2nd one off of woot.com for the trailer not long ago for $179. Love it.

I'm not sure the model that comes with the newer RV's but I checked and the ones I have are
Dyson DC35 Digital Slim MultiFloor System 22.2Volt

nonamer

Having 4 GSD that sheds regularly is really a pain in the *** to clean the carpet. I have tried Dyson Cordless and I would say it could really deep clean the surface. I just wish it has a bigger dust/trash capacity.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We upgraded our Dyson to the Dyson V6 Motörhead cordless model and it keeps up with our 3 GSD's just fine. The original Dyson is now mounted in the basement storage area.