Water Pressure

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I'm in a new Cyclone at a CG right on a lake! :cool: I'm hooked up to 'city' water, so you'd think there would be NO PROBLEM with water pressure. The CG pressure is great and I'm using a in-line regulator. At the kitchen sink, I turn on the water and it runs like mad for about a second, then starts cutting back to a dribble - a stream about the size of a regular #2 pencil - remember those?! The shower, when spraying straight up, would only spray about 1-1/2" up! :mad: No good, huh!? Last night I looked behind the UDC and under the sink and every where I could see the water lines and noticed NO water line kinks or problems there.

I bought a pressure gauge today, along with some fittings to hook it up to see what pressure I do have. I installed the gauge and checked it out. I was using a regulator that belonged to the CG, one of those blue plastic ones and I had only 30psi through it. :( I switched it out and installed the brass one that I had purchased at Wally World when I got my Cyclone. :eek: (Actually, I didn't purchase the Cyclone at Wally World! I bought the Cyclone at the dealership and then went to Wally World!) Anyway, with the brass regulator, I now had 52psi! :D Water runs fine in the kitchen sink, shower and all throughout the Cyclone! :D What a deal! I'm loving this RV living!

Attachments

• HT 370.jpg
    HT 370.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 42
  • HT 372.jpg
    HT 372.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 41

jpmorgan37

HT;

Those pressure regulators can be an instant shut off valve. I don't know how many times I've had campers come to the gate house complaining about our water pressure. The first thing that I do is go down and remove their water pressure regulator and like magic, they have water pressure again.

John

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Regulators

I was wondering about those, John. I figured it would do me good to go ahead and get another to have on hand! ;) They have excellent pressure at the CG - they said about 120! :eek: Now I can fill up the coffee pot with ease! :D

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
This is a little off topic but along the same line, I run a whole house water filter in my Landmark. I also use a pressure regulator. Is it neccessary to run the pressure regulator with the water filter or do you think the water filter would cut down the pressure enough that the regulator is not need?I guess it might depend upon the water pressure in the campground.What do you think?

jbeletti

That's a great one Bob. Flow rate, rated in gallons per minute (GPM) is key. And 4-5 GPM is one of the highest I have seen.

Personally, I don't run a regulator but it I did, it would be one of those high-flow-rate Watts units.

I run through 2 stages of water filtration and then a water softener. I need all the help I can get.

There's only been 1 place I have ever felt I needed to throttle back the pressure and that was at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN. Man - lots of pressure. My hose was bulging! I cut the handle on their faucet back a bit.

Jim

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I know I have read it before but how much water pressure should we allow on our water lines?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don’t know what others do but I set my regulator to about 50-55 psi. I don’t know for a fact but I have heard through out the various forums that most RV’s are rated for about 60psi. Some could stand higher. The 50 psi is good enough to allow me to have a decent shower.

Right now I am at Escapees Rainbows End in Livingston, TX. The water pressure is about 45psi. My regulator is set for 50 psi so all I will get now is 45psi. Of course, but I have been to some parks that have had a pressure at about 65psi. I also use a pressure gauge when I connect up to know what to expect. Normally I place a Y on the shore water, then my regulator, then my house filter. I have been using the plastic quick disconnects you can get at Wal-Mart for a couple of bucks. I plan to get a good set of hoses from The RV Water Filter Store on the internet. Now I do not sell these items and am not affiliated with them in any way. I give this out because they are RVers also and have always been good to do business with. Another thing, their hoses are stronger than most and you can get custom lengths if one that they list is not what your looking for. I plan to get a 35ft in the future. Seems like some campgrounds are just a little further than the standard 25ft.

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/index.htm

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/Hoses.htm

Take a look around this web site. It has a lot of great items.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Cutting back on the water valve will reduce the flow pressure but does nothing for the static pressure when the water is not flowing the pressure will build up to the max pressure on the system. Most campgrounds are within the range for the coach but some like the one mentioned above at 120 psi are far too much pressure for the coach as well as most water hoses. Use a water regulator that flows 4-4 1/2 gallons and you should get satisfactory results.

Don