TST helped with my product misunderstanding

Mrsfish

Just opened the new tst 507 system we ordered and received last week. What a shock when I discovered the "new" system is used. The monitor has lots of scratches on it. I don't mind a refurbished unit IF that is what I ordered and paid for. In this case, I ordered and paid for a new unit directly from TST. Anybody else have a problem like this?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Re: Fast one by tst?

Ann:

Call them and send it back....I also purchased directly from them, but had no issues.

Snow

Never heard any thing bad about them ,just the other week my buddy ordered one from them ,I have called them about some settings and talked to a Michael Benson he even programmed his TST for him my buddy unpacked his and turned it on and it was ready to go . I bet if you contact Michael he will take care of you with out a doubt. Good luck ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Fast one by tst?

I'm sure it was an oversight. I've heard of people having a unit act up and TST replacing it no questions asked. I guess if someone returned a used one with all the packaging, someone could have mistaken it for a "new" return.

They've helped us out a couple of times! Great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

Thanks guys. My initial reaction is always that it was a mistake and not intentional, but I am also dealing with a Firestone air bag system that was installed 2 years ago and I am slowing replacing the whole system as part by part fails. We just found out one of the actuators was discontinued many years ago- of course it's failing. Probably was the dealer we bought it through, but just tired of having to fight just to get what I bought. And then this. Why can't people/companies just be honest?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

My older 510 set stopped working last year, just after they warranty ran out. For the cost of shipping it, they replaced it and sent it back programmed ready to go. The young lady I dealt with on the phone was extremely personable.

MTPockets

I'm sure it was an oversight. I've heard of people having a unit act up and TST replacing it no questions asked. I guess if someone returned a used one with all the packaging, someone could have mistaken it for a "new" return.

They've helped us out a couple of times! Great customer service.

I agree; they are an upstanding company. They have sent me new O'rings I needed when I replaced my sensor batteries, plus a new sensor that stopped working.

ILH

One of the best companies I've dealt with in a long time.

olcoon

Probably just an oversight. I've dealt with them, and their customer support is GREAT!

Manzan

For me, they replaced no charge, a monitor that was stolen out of my truck. You can't beat customer service like that!

Mrsfish

I did not want to let this thread die without reporting in. I sit here with a HUGE helping of humble pie. Mike from TST called at 7:05 am and told me he gets 40 calls a week with the same concern - the monitor is scratched, it must be used. He insisted that while the film is hard to get off, it IS on there. So I came home for work, ready to prove him wrong and....the film came off when more pressure was applied. Called him back to apologize and he responded by offering to help program the monitor!! AAA service and a customer and referrer for life! Heartland members, please accept my apology for possibly misleading you on this product.

Ladiver

Mrsfish, just add me to one of forty. I called with the same issue. Felt pretty stupid, but happy for good customer service! Now, they really need to add a small sheet of paper explaining the film.

OEFVET

Mrsfish,

Is there anyway you can change the subject of this thread? Folks on the forum that don't read all the posts may think TST is NO GOOD. Those of us that have dealt with them certainly know that could not be further from the truth.

They are a great company with excellent customer service.

hriker

Re: Fast one by tst? Misunderstanding by OP

Great company!! They have replaced a bad sensor and provided new o-rings free of charge. I also purchased my replacement batteries directly from them this year and they shipped free. Can't ask for better service.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

HornedToad

I'm planning on adding a TPMS and this thread help me decide which one I should get!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

In all fairness we had the Doran for many years and got great customer service. Then we changed to TST. Again great customer service. The main reason we changed is the ability to change the battery in the tire sensor on the TST. The Doran you have to buy a new sensor at $50..

campers2

Great customer service from TST for me and a number of my friends.

Dutch & Di

While I'm not saying this is what has happened to you, I had a customer once with exactly the same complaint. Every time I tried to explain that it was a brand new unit, he said "but it has scratches all over the face". I told him there was a protective cover on the face but he kept saying it wasn't there. Fortunately, he was in the same city, so I drove over and looked at the monitor. I peeled back the clean plastic protective cover to reveal a nice clean monitor face. He couldn't believe that he couldn't see it.The 507 units have a little tab so it is easy to pull it off but for some reason the 510's do not and it you don't look very close, it really isn't visible. I have had to use my fingernail or very carefully a paring knife to get the shield to where I could peel it off.
If that isn't your problem, I would call TST directly or the dealer you purchased it from for help as TST doesn't put used parts in any orders I have ever received and I've been a dealer for them for 5 years.
Please do keep us posted as this is an important post. Hugs, Di
Just opened the new tst 507 system we ordered and received last week. What a shock when I discovered the "new" system is used. The monitor has lots of scratches on it. I don't mind a refurbished unit IF that is what I ordered and paid for. In this case, I ordered and paid for a new unit directly from TST. Anybody else have a problem like this?

Dutch & Di

I'm so sorry but I did not see the followup post where TST told you the same thing. I'm glad you are now a "happy Camper" again. Hugs, Di

While I'm not saying this is what has happened to you, I had a customer once with exactly the same complaint. Every time I tried to explain that it was a brand new unit, he said "but it has scratches all over the face". I told him there was a protective cover on the face but he kept saying it wasn't there. Fortunately, he was in the same city, so I drove over and looked at the monitor. I peeled back the clean plastic protective cover to reveal a nice clean monitor face. He couldn't believe that he couldn't see it.The 507 units have a little tab so it is easy to pull it off but for some reason the 510's do not and it you don't look very close, it really isn't visible. I have had to use my fingernail or very carefully a paring knife to get the shield to where I could peel it off.
If that isn't your problem, I would call TST directly or the dealer you purchased it from for help as TST doesn't put used parts in any orders I have ever received and I've been a dealer for them for 5 years.
Please do keep us posted as this is an important post. Hugs, Di