Mounting TV in the basement

Georgia_Biker

I am looking for anyone's idea's for mounting a TV in the basement. I have seen a mount Mor/Ryde has that mounts in the ceiling and folds up. The TV slides out and down and swivels.

My concern is finding a spot to anchor the mounting to for strength, What is really behind those basement walls???

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not much behind my BC basement wall so I framed up a mounting frame and screwed it down to floor and ceiling behind the wall before I put my articulating mount on the wall. Been there two years now and no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The wall in the basement is OSB. You can screw to it or use a 2x4 backer. You can take a wall panel down and investigate. There may be three screws in the UDC that hold up that end of that wall section.
If you mount to the ceiling there are aluminum floor joists that support the bedroom floor.

Peace
Dave

Georgia_Biker

Dave-

Thanks for the information. It sounds like if I use the ceiling mount then I can attaché to the floor joists which should be pretty strong.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Andy-

What size is you TV? Do you have a photo of the setup?

Current TV is a heavy older 26" flat screen Sanyo but have room for a 32" and will upgrade soon. I will snap a pic after while. Still contemplating getting up and getting moving. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk