Another Heartland Moment

Larry&LyndaSmith

Past New Mexico Chapter Leaders
Picked up our new Landmark on Thursday with a few issues, although everything is fine. My biggest complaint so far is the location of the water filter. Really, take down a wall to change a cartridge. We are staying in a high end RV Resort in West Palm Beach, FL. We have had more lookers and compliments in two days than anyone could imagine. Examples are, It's Beautiful, Who makes Landmark?, I'm impressed and so on. This park has almost 500 sites and is the home to over 200 Class A's and at least 25 Redwoods. Not because it ours but it is one of the nicest looking coaches here. I have called Heartland support with a few questions and the response has been outstanding.

"Good Job Heartlland"

Larry and Lynda Smith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I and some others have removed the screws and installed a hinge on the bottom of the panel or used "barrel" latches to hold the panel in place.

jbeletti

Hi Larry - I removed Heartland's filter and added my own 2-stage filtration system. I put mine behind the wall. I change them a few times a year.

As a suggestion, it would be a fairly easy project to relocate the filter so a spot you like better. For me, I don't want it hanging into my storage space. And my two filters wouldn't fit in the UDC.

Have fun with your new Landmark making some great memories.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Who makes Landmark?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Larry and Lynda,
Congratulations on your new Landmark. It is one beautiful rig!

The question above is curious, because a friend of mine has a 365.
He was asked several times, "who makes it?" We scoured the whole rig looking for anything that said Heartland and only found it in 1/16" print on the specifications sticker (off-door side).

I would think a small, classy automotive quality "Heartland" badge would go well on the back of the rig. Trace

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hi Larry - I removed Heartland's filter and added my own 2-stage filtration system. I put mine behind the wall. I change them a few times a year.

As a suggestion, it would be a fairly easy project to relocate the filter so a spot you like better. For me, I don't want it hanging into my storage space. And my two filters wouldn't fit in the UDC.

Have fun with your new Landmark making some great memories.

I agree Jim! That was one of the things that tuned us off when looking at a Lifestyle...the water filter was hanging down into the cargo bay in front of the off-door side bay door...an accident waiting to happen!