Cyclone 4200 LG Ice Maker

cdensomnia

Hello everyone. We are trying to figure out why our ice maker isn't making ice in our 4200. The switch in the freezer is on but doesn't seem to be getting water. I found a valve under the slide and have tried both settings as it's not explanatory on which way is which. Can someone with a 4200 enlighten me?

danemayer

Hi cdensomnia,

Is there a water dispenser in the fridge and is it working? If not, or if you don't have one, I think you need to locate the water feed line and the cutoff valve. It's usually a 1/4" clear poly tubing that is connected to a 1/2" pex line. The cutoff valve is probably in an under-counter kitchen cabinet. There's also a possibility that it's behind the UDC. But I'd get a flashlight and look around the kitchen real hard before taking down the rear wall of the pass through storage area.

If you have the Residential Refrigerator, take a look at our owner-written Residential Refrigerator Guide. The picture at the top of page 6 shows what a typical cutoff valve looks like. The valve under the slide is usually a drain valve. You'll want to close that one.

HOGHAULER

Hello everyone. We are trying to figure out why our ice maker isn't making ice in our 4200. The switch in the freezer is on but doesn't seem to be getting water. I found a valve under the slide and have tried both settings as it's not explanatory on which way is which. Can someone with a 4200 enlighten me?

Had the same issue during pdi at dealer turned out the line was kinked behind refrig. accessed thru panel in cabinet to left on our 2016 3875fb
like other poster I assume you have a water and ice dispenser.

I have same problem with the domestic LG in our 2015 4200. Yes, we are plugged into 110V at home & parks. We opened the valve under the sink for the ice maker line and have opened/bled the drain tee under the slide out. We now have water drops (frozen) in the ice bin but no ice. The ice make cycles using the test button on the bottom edge of the ice maker front panel, the arm moves up/down through it's range stopping in the up position. Dealer checked it but told me I needed to get an LG dealer to fix it. The unit is not available to me now as it is at the dealer for a couple other repairs. So will deal with the ice maker once we get it back.

im_1406

Had he same issue.....until I traced the water line to the on/off under the kitchen sink. I thought the bleed swivel under the slide was all I needed.

BLHFUN

The valve under the slide needs to be closed. Then open the valve under the sink. Then with a large glass, you need to bleed the lines through the water dispenser on the front. Without bleeding the water lines, you get a vapor type lock. I drain mine with each use, and have to bleed it everytime to get the ice machine to start working. Try that and see what happens.

The LG in my 2015 4200 does not have a water dispenser, just the ice maker. I was not clear I opened the valve under the sink and then opened the T under the slide to bleed the water to that point. I have cycled the ice maker several times to bleed the water to that point as I have frozen water droplets in the ice bin now. Since the dealer will not touch it I suppose it is up to me to pull the refrigerator to see if the line is kinked as another owner found. I have noticed in some pictures of 2016 4200s that Heartland puts in different domestic refrigerators. I really wish they would have included "as built" diagrams with my unit since it appears multiple changes are made from unit to unit.

danemayer

I'm not sure about the LG, but I know the Frigidaire unit has coiled storage tubing inside the refrigerator that holds around a quart of water. If your unit has a similar setup, you may have to run quite a few cycles with the ice maker for water to get through the system.

Irish30

okay so we have a 2016 model cyclone 4200. I just pulled it from Virginia to Hollister California and here we are ice maker doesn't work so, yesterday I start looking I find your thread and I turn on the water under the sink, I make sure the valve under the slide was purged. Still no ice. .. I found a little button under the front of the ice maker very small it's a reset button. Pushed it and the ice maker ran a cycle and has been working since. Oh and I have the LG with the bottom freezer. If this helps.

Robsterling

okay so we have a 2016 model cyclone 4200. I just pulled it from Virginia to Hollister California and here we are ice maker doesn't work so, yesterday I start looking I find your thread and I turn on the water under the sink, I make sure the valve under the slide was purged. Still no ice. .. I found a little button under the front of the ice maker very small it's a reset button. Pushed it and the ice maker ran a cycle and has been working since. Oh and I have the LG with the bottom freezer. If this helps.

I have a new Cyclone 4200 with the LG Fridge with the exact same problem. Water is on under the sink. I’m getting water at the valve under the slide. No kink behind the fridge.

Did you get your problem resolved? If so, can you share how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have same problem with the domestic LG in our 2015 4200. Yes, we are plugged into 110V at home & parks. We opened the valve under the sink for the ice maker line and have opened/bled the drain tee under the slide out. We now have water drops (frozen) in the ice bin but no ice. The ice make cycles using the test button on the bottom edge of the ice maker front panel, the arm moves up/down through it's range stopping in the up position. Dealer checked it but told me I needed to get an LG dealer to fix it. The unit is not available to me now as it is at the dealer for a couple other repairs. So will deal with the ice maker once we get it back.
It's been quite awhile sence I fixed this. But as I recall under the slide I found several kinks in the line leading to the refrigerator so I replaced that line starting at the T fitting all the way to the refrigerator.
solved my problem!