2016 Ohio Rally Date Options

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm thinking about 2016 Rally dates. Won't do July 4th weekend or Labor Day. Before Memorial Day weekend is too iffy. The North Central Region Rally will be on the weekend of the 18th of June, we can't go then. As I see it, (if everyone holds serve from this year) Iowa will on the weekend of the 9th of July, Wisconsin will be on the 6th and Michigan the 27th of August, Minnesota on the 10th, Illinois on the 24th and Indiana on the 31st of September. We can't conflict with any of them. That leaves the 25th of June weekend, the 16th, 23rd and 30th of July, the 13th and 20th of August, and the 17th of September. What would you prefer and support with your attendance? Please reply with your thoughts in this thread.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Re: 2016 Rally Date Options

Looks like the NE regional rally is going to be July 21-24 2016. In PA. Don't know if that would interfere with your plans??

simsfmly

Re: 2016 Rally Date Options

Looks like the NE regional rally is going to be July 21-24 2016. In PA. Don't know if that would interfere with your plans??

That's probably a consideration, but not a requirement since we only have to stay away from our Region's states rally's and our North Central regional rally.

Excellent thought, though. Thanks!

EPaulikonis

My vote is for the later dates...17 Sep or 20 Aug. Starts getting thin at the parks once all the children are back in school and the temps/humidity are likely to be much lower in Sep.

simsfmly

My vote is for the later dates...17 Sep or 20 Aug. Starts getting thin at the parks once all the children are back in school and the temps/humidity are likely to be much lower in Sep.

Thanks for your input, Eric. I get the opposite argument from our members who teach or work within the school systems. :confused: August 20th might be a happy medium.

Sniper

The later dates probably work better for us as well. I'm sure you'll be "danged if you do, danged if you don't" LOL. However the sooner the date is known to us we can try to work that date in when we start planning next years "getaways", regardless of the chosen date. I don't envy your position. GO BOB!:)

Sniper

Hey Bob just wondering if you have made any headway on the 2016 rally dates. Keep up the good work and safe travels.

simsfmly

Hey Bob just wondering if you have made any headway on the 2016 rally dates. Keep up the good work and safe travels.

Sniper,

I have submitted a date request to the North Central Region Chairman.

She has yet to approve them and I hesitate to tell you what I submitted until it gets approved.

Once I get approval it will be on the forum, the Facebook Page, and will email everyone on our Ohio roster.

Thanks for your thoughts, hope to have something soon.

Be safe this summer.

Sniper

Thanks Bob. I know your working on it. Sorry we can't make this years rally, but I think you have a nice camp ground and good central location picked out to have it.