Cabinet door coming off

SeattleLion

Wouldn't you know it? Our warranty expired the end of March. We are on our first trip since last fall. The door on the cabinet over the TV has a door problem. The hinge has pulled out of the door. The anchors in the wood didn't hold. I don't know what Heartland's policy is on this, but I do have to get this repaired. Any thoughts?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Do like we did. Gorilla glue and clamp it overnight. Has held for over 2 years now.

JanAndBill

Wouldn't you know it? Our warranty expired the end of March. We are on our first trip since last fall. The door on the cabinet over the TV has a door problem. The hinge has pulled out of the door. The anchors in the wood didn't hold. I don't know what Heartland's policy is on this, but I do have to get this repaired. Any thoughts?

The plastic inserts they use are crap. Easiest way to fix is put a little Gorilla Glue in the hole, put the insert back and use a clamp with wood blocks on each side of the door to force the insert all the way into the hole. Remove the clamp and blocks. Let it dry and reinstall hinges.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Did the same as the others above. One of these days will do it to all doors in my rig.

dlw930

Yes, what everybody else said. Fixed 2 or 3 doors in our 2011 Big Country before we traded it. I expect I'll eventually be doing the same in our Key Largo. The hinge design (stopping the door travel at about 60 degrees) puts a lot of stress on the anchors, especially when you hit your head on the bottom of the door....not that I ever did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBG

WBGavin
As with the others, we have had the same issue with an Elkridge and now with our 3570RL Bighorn. Gorilla Glue and clamps works just great! Don't leave home without it!
WBG

donr827

Add us to the clamp and gorilla glue club. It's a easy fix. Just follow the instructions on the gorilla glue box about moistening either the plug or the hole.
Don

rmeyer

Gorilla glue and clamp. Have done 6 doors and more trouble them

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

donr827

Since this problem has been going on for what seems like a long time why haven't they come up with a design fix?.........Don

happykraut

Add us to the clamp and gorilla glue club. It's a easy fix. Just follow the instructions on the gorilla glue box about moistening either the plug or the hole.
Don
Glad you mentioned to moisten your project. I know for a fact that without wetting it will not hold.