Shower overhead light replacement

hriker

Last night the bulb in the shower overhead light burned out in our Landmark. I'm not sure how to get access to replace the bulb. The lens on the light doesn't appear to turn and it looks like the only other option is to take down the entire skylight internal cover. I'm sure someone has replaced these bulbs before. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

danemayer

Hi Harry,

We also have a 2011 Rushmore, but the lights are a fluorescent fixture by the doors, and a 3-light fixture above the medicine cabinet. I'm not aware of a light fixture in the skylight above the shower. Maybe you have something we don't have.

jjriker

Hi Harry,

We also have a 2011 Rushmore, but the lights are a fluorescent fixture by the doors, and a 3-light fixture above the medicine cabinet. I'm not aware of a light fixture in the skylight above the shower. Maybe you have something we don't have.

It's odd that we have a different setup than you do. Do you have three light switches in the bathroom?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

danemayer

It's odd that we have a different setup than you do. Do you have three light switches in the bathroom?

We have only 2 switches.

Our unit was built in August 2010. Maybe Heartland made a mid-year change.

jjriker

Interesting. Must be. We have three, the two you mentioned and the third to the shower light. Too bad, we were hoping you knew the answer! 😊

hriker

Dan,

Our Rushmore was built in March 2011. Must have been a mid year change.

I too have this problem. Surely heartland has the answer. I din't want to break anything and removing the screws is just asking for trouble. Someone help us please.

hriker

Funny you should ask! I just yesterday decided it was time to find the answer after months without a light in the shower. Turned out to be a simple fix. Twist the metal trim ring around the light clockwise maybe a quarter of an inch. Then with your fingernails or a thin bladed screwdriver, pop the trim ring off. Below you will find three Phillips head screws. Remove them and the whole light will slide right out of the ceiling. Now twist the back of the light fixture off of the lens cover. This will expose the light bulb which is a standard 4G pin halogen light bulb.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Funny you should ask! I just yesterday decided it was time to find the answer after months without a light in the shower. Turned out to be a simple fix. Twist the metal trim ring around the light clockwise maybe a quarter of an inch. Then with your fingernails or a thin bladed screwdriver, pop the trim ring off. Below you will find three Phillips head screws. Remove them and the whole light will slide right out of the ceiling. Now twist the back of the light fixture off of the lens cover. This will expose the light bulb which is a standard 4G pin halogen light bulb.

Now, if we can only get someone to answer the question of how to access the LED bulbs in the LR/kitchen and bedroom, we can make this thread a sticky! :)