Sound System

bktlstrs

Hubby wants to update the entertainment center in our TT. If you have changed that out in your TT would you share what systems you use? Thanks

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I would suggest just changing out the speakers first. If you do not like the sound after that then you can spend the cash on a new deck and amp. We tried doing the deck first on my neighbors camper and the new deck sounded the same through the stock speakers. We changed out the speakers and he returned the new deck. I went with Jensen speakers in mine and it made quite the difference.

F_Goose

Hey bktlstrs,
Let us know what you change to. We have a 26lrss and have issues with the sound system too. I was thinking of adding a sound bar below the tv but would still have sound issues with the stereo or the dvd player. So we're looking to upgrade too.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
In our previous trailer, a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner, it had the standard Jensen AM/FM/CD/DVD player and sounded terrible.

Partly because I discovered the speakers were wired out of phase . . . but also the junk stock speakers.

I put a better pair of speakers in . . . and what a difference!

I pulled those speakers before we traded it in and plan to install them in the new trailer, although I need to get some new speaker grills first.

Mikeobe

we have a 2016 North trail Caliber 26RLSS and are not so please with the sound system either. Does anyone know where i can get new speakers that will fit in the current wholes where the factory speakers are. Also what brand sells speakers this size?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
we have a 2016 North trail Caliber 26RLSS and are not so please with the sound system either. Does anyone know where i can get new speakers that will fit in the current wholes where the factory speakers are. Also what brand sells speakers this size?

They should be 6.5" speakers . . .

You can get them anywhere . . . Walmart, Best Buy, Auto Zone . . .

If you are not sure of the size, pull one and take it with you to the store!

Mikeobe

thanks JohnD, i will pop one speaker out and figure out the size. Was thinking maybe Polk or Bose speakers.