one more question folks, and i will stop. wfco 8935 or wfco 8955???

nostrokin

when replacing a power converter , the wfco 8900 model. They sell 5 different amps 35, 45, 55, 65,75. does it matter what one I use ? the camper has a 30 amp plug but the old converter says it is a wf8955mba. the cost goes up the higher the amps . help me just one more time .

danemayer

I'm not positive, but it would seem like 8955 would suggest an 8900 model rated at 55 amps. This amperage is for the 12V DC circuits and is not directly related to the 30 amp 110V AC. If you replace the power converter with one that has lower capability, you may not have enough power to keep the battery charged and run all your 12V devices. If you buy too large a unit, you'll probably just have a thinner wallet.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The amp size gives you the correct power output to keep your battery charged. Keep in mind the power converter changes the 120 volts to 12 volts and is basically a fancy battery charger. So if you replace it with one too small you will not have enough amps to keep the battery charged. Bottom line is to replace it with at least the same size. The 30 amp plug on the camper is the 120 volt AC plug. The converter is for 12 volts DC. Hope that helps you to understand it better. BTW the amp output on the converter should be on the label on the converter.

nostrokin

I'm not positive, but it would seem like 8955 would suggest an 8900 model rated at 55 amps. This amperage is for the 12V DC circuits and is not directly related to the 30 amp 110V AC. If you replace the power converter with one that has lower capability, you may not have enough power to keep the battery charged and run all your 12V devices. If you buy too large a unit, you'll probably just have a thinner wallet.

thanks for the info, I quess I wasn't thinking about both ac & dc . your right on