Power Inverter

rschroe8

New owner, wondering if anyone would know how much heat a inverter would create. Inverter in front compartment , wanting to put my Honda generator in the same compartment but concerned about fumes from gas tank of generator . Just want to be safe. Thank you in advance for any info on this issue.

danemayer

Hi rschroe8,

You might be better off with the generator in the bed of your truck and an extension cord. I don't know how much heat an inverter creates, but I don't think I'd put electrical equipment near gasoline vapor. Sparks and gasoline vapor don't mix well, especially under your bedroom.

scottyb

It is also recommended to not put an inverter in the same compartment as the batteries, unless you have lithium or AGM's.

danemayer

Don't they offer a factory generator in the front compartment where the battery and inverter are?

On Landmark, Bighorn, and some other models, a propane generator is used in the front compartment. The batteries and an inverter for the residential refrigerator are also in the front compartment, but I think there may be a divider between the two areas along with battery venting.

dlw930

I don't have gennie prep in my Landmark, but I know Terry H does, and, yes, a divider wall is part of the prep, with the genset on one side of the wall and the battery(ies) and inverter on the other side. I don't know if the wall is solely for safety reasons or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk