Camping grill

Hello,
i am new to this forum. But I thought I would share. Me and my wife in joy dry camping.
and I have a normal size bbq grill that is used with a 5gal propane bottle. I don't really like
to pack a extra 5 gal propane bottle with me so I got a hose from the local hardware store that
fit the connector on the bottom of me toy hauler and now I can plug the BBQ into that and I don't
have to carry and extra 5gal tank of propane.

Thanks, Mark

jimtoo

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime. I think they are having some awesome rallies there in N M

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Westwind

The only problem you might run into is if there is a regular on the grill (Built in). With one on the tanks you would have double so you need to be sure you don't have two.

TxCowboy

Most are curb-side. Where specifically it is located depends on the model of the RV but check near the outdoor entertainment area. Clearly, if you have a bumper mounted grill, it will be in that area.

KFPD404

Mine is at the rear of the steps of the rear entry . I bought the coleman grill and removed the regulater from it and them put a quick attach hose on it , love the setup and it works great .

dlw930

Anybody know of a reasonably sized dual charcoal/propane grill? The DW prefers charcoal but the speed of propane is sometimes more convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Anybody know of a reasonably sized dual charcoal/propane grill? The DW prefers charcoal but the speed of propane is sometimes more convenient.

Charcoal is so 1990's . . . (just kidding)!

However . . . charcoal is such a PITA that it isn't (to me, anywayz) worth the hassle theze dayz . . .!

'Lil Guy'

I carry a smell 2 gal tank for my grill. If you want to use your existing tanks without removing the regulator on your grill, you can buy a tee connection for your tank enabling you to tie into it.. I'm sure someone will post a pic of one.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have one of those $300 Coleman camping grills . . . and I hate it!

No matter what you do . . . it burns everything!

I picked up a CharBroil grill for $30 at Target . . . best camping grill I've ever owned!

Uses those little green gas tanks . . . no big deal!

That Coleman grill now lives in the rafters of our garage!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Got rid of the Coleman roadtrip grill years ago. TOOO big, wind blew the burners out and was an all around PITA. Bought a Weber Q, best grill I have ever owned. You can use the green bottles or a propane tank and hose.

Go online and you can find the adapter to put on your propane tank to run your BBQ. CW has them and hoses...if you want to pay their price. It screws on before the regulator.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Hello,
i am new to this forum. But I thought I would share. Me and my wife in joy dry camping.
and I have a normal size bbq grill that is used with a 5gal propane bottle. I don't really like
to pack a extra 5 gal propane bottle with me so I got a hose from the local hardware store that
fit the connector on the bottom of me toy hauler and now I can plug the BBQ into that and I don't
have to carry and extra 5gal tank of propane.

Thanks, Mark

You can get a device like this to allow you to use a grill that has its own regular directly from the tanks already on your RV.
k2-_4b780129-f3de-45cc-b193-ac82ac3e87f2.v1.jpg

http://camco.net/Products/Item?prodID=10630#.VX2A0I3bKM8

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I ran as much as 36 feet of hose without issues. Just make sure you turn off the tank and burn off the excess propane prior to detaching a long hose.

Freezone

We pack an extra 20lb propane tank and run a propane tree which allows for the bar-q, coleman stove a lantern.

9k=

Kevin

pegmikef

Dave, You probably don't have the room now that you are full timing, but I started carrying my Traeger Tailgater Pellet Grill as it does the best job of all the grills I have ever used. No propane required, but you need pellets for fuel and electricity to run it. I also carry a small propane grill and and a gallon propane bottle for quick stuff (wurst, dogs, etc.). I haven't seen any combo grills in some time, but I haven't looked either. I will show you my pellet grill in Fredericksburg in a couple of weeks.

jbeletti

Dave, You probably don't have the room now that you are full timing, but I started carrying my Traeger Tailgater Pellet Grill as it does the best job of all the grills I have ever used. No propane required, but you need pellets for fuel and electricity to run it. I also carry a small propane grill and and a gallon propane bottle for quick stuff (wurst, dogs, etc.). I haven't seen any combo grills in some time, but I haven't looked either. I will show you my pellet grill in Fredericksburg in a couple of weeks.

Mike - which Treager do you carry with you and where do you store it for travel?

I met a Heartlander in Navarre Beach, FL that carries a Traeger - I think the Texas Pro - Blue.
IMG_6246.jpg

He removes the legs and the chimney and stores the grill on the truck bed up front against the cab wall. I think a Traeger is in my future by the end of this year, once we have a new residence out west somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing yours. See you in TX soon!

pegmikef

Mike - which Treager do you carry with you and where do you store it for travel?

Looking forward to seeing yours. See you in TX soon!

Jim, I carry the Traeger Tailgater. It is the same as the Lil' Tex Pro except it vents out of slots in the back instead of a chimney and the legs fold up. It is smaller than the full blown pro series, but so far has accommodated anything we have done including fairly large briskets, several racks of short ribs. I carry it in the basement.

http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/g...lgater.html?dwvar_tailgater_color=BRZ#start=5

We are looking forward to seeing both of you in Fredericksburg in a week or so.