Sterling Paint / Awning

AAdams

First thing to say is we really like our '16 Bighorn 3750 FL. The only thing that was disappointing when we put out the awning. The arms are dark brown and so is the fabric ( At least they look that way to Deb and I ). Now this is not a bad thing if you have the the standard brown front or the FB paint that is brown. If you are like us with FB Sterling Silver IMO it does not go very well together. If there is an alternative I bet the future owners that have Sterling FB paint would appreciate it.

Bohemian

Anything that does not match extremely well is an atrocity. The full body paint option is very expensive. It should be done right as a completely integrated style.

Kbvols

I would call Customer Service and encourage/demand they correct. I love the Sterling Paint Job it is beautiful a brown awning just does not match. Hopefully they will correct.

pday1213

First thing to say is we really like our '16 Bighorn 3750 FL. The only thing that was disappointing when we put out the awning. The arms are dark brown and so is the fabric ( At least they look that way to Deb and I ). Now this is not a bad thing if you have the the standard brown front or the FB paint that is brown. If you are like us with FB Sterling Silver IMO it does not go very well together. If there is an alternative I bet the future owners that have Sterling FB paint would appreciate it.
Alan,I have a 3270RS Bighorn with the Sterling silver FB and the awning arms, cover and the fabric are both black. It is the Dometic 9100E. We also got the slide awning toppers and they are the same black color.

GOTTOYS

I would be livid if that was my rig. You would think if the people putting this together didn't care to get it right that at least one of the "Inspectors" would notice it. Not acceptable...Don

AAdams

Well the awning to me is a very dark brown, with a metal cover ( which I didn't order, but got ). I posted this in the design section as just that, a design suggestion to Heartland, and the hope that they will take this to heart and maybe put a silver one on for future customers if this is possible.

We accepted the unit as it is when we picked it up, and I have no expectation for anything to be done about it by Heartland. The color is dark enough, some may say black, I still see it as brown. ( The color difference could be from the light, poor vinyl coloring, etc. ) Even at that the Sterling paint does not have Black anywhere on it, thus the suggestion of Sliver. We did look at the awning before / during pick up since it was raining when we moved everything in and the awning was out. So, I might been able to have something done then but didn't really pay that much attention to it until later on a day with more sun shine.

We ordered the FB Paint from a picture, we never saw it in person. The picture did not even have a awning on the BH. So in theory they could have stuck green on it and say that is what it comes with. ( I would have been livid with that color mind you ). We will have it changed in time to a better awning and a better color and it IS something that we can and will live with. If this is the only disappointment that we have, I will be pleased. We have had no other mechanical, major water leaks, etc. with the unit. A couple things that needed a extra staple here and there that I took care of, replaced a faucet ( we had bought for the last rig and never put in ), and a couple sink strainers, ( I prefer the ones that are all metal ), and it is all good.

Life is to short for me to get to upset over it.

Last edited: