MotoSat HD Universal Mount for HD Satellite Television

jbeletti

Moto-Sat and Winegard both make larger (television only - no Internet) mobile satellite antennas (dishes) that will receive standard and high definition satellite television programming.

MotoSat's new HD large dish offering is their HD Universal Mount. It is offered in 3 configurations:
  • HD-SL5 for Direct TV
  • HD-DP3 for Dish Network
  • HD-SC2 for Star Choice
Last week, I had Elkhart Satellite install the HD-SL5 on my Landmark. The HD-SL5 is for Direct TV. The HD Universal mount is auto-aligning. It comes with the Nomad 2 controller. The premise is that once you are done unhitching and leveling the trailer and have turned on AC power, you hit a button on the Nomad controller and within a couple of minutes, it is peaked and locked onto all the satellites for your particular service provider.

I'll give more information when I see mine in action.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I guess, from reading your post that it mounts on the trailer. Does it have a dome or sit open? I know that you generally don't allow pricing on the site, but I would be interested in know what the cost of this set up is.
thanks
Fred

jbeletti

Hi Fred,

Only Heartland trailer pricing is off limits.

The dish is open - not domed. It 's about .8 meter and is elliptical. It stows flat (around 12") on the roof. It opens and rotates by control of the Nomad 2 controller.

The cost is around $2295 plus installation. This is for the dish, the controller and a control cable. You will need to add installation, coax wiring, and receivers/remotes/service.

Jim

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
For that kinda price...man, it better be some really GOOOD tv. Does it include the massage option?

Delaine and Lindy

Jim thats about the same price I got from Camping
World. They have already installed several. We are looking at getting the same set up you got. I am using the Direct-Tv with the Slim Line on the Tri-Pod, it work great. I also just purchased a box called Bird Dog for fine tuning the signal. I bought it used and haven't used it yet. Most people have a problem in set up due to the fact they don't get the mount system level that is the most important part of the set up. Thats why I use a Tri-Pod mount very simple to get level.

Keep us posted on how your new system works. Thanks....

jpmorgan37

You will love the Birdog. I just moved today and after I put my two dishes together (satellite internet and directv), in less the 2 minutes, I had both locked in and ready for operation. Total time for set up and installation of both was twenty minutes.

John