2015 CY 3010 Living room slide out table legs

TX_Clay

We have decided that the Table in front of the living room slide out is about 1.5 to inches too tall when we sit on the couch. Our plates are around the middle of our chest, just very uncomfortable.
The poles have plastic end caps that fit into the floor and table receptacles. Anyone know if I can knock the end cap off easily so I can shorten the 2 metal poles? Or am I going to wind up destroying the plastic caps?

avvidclif

They make them in 4 lengths. Mine was 31". Also come in 29, 27, 25. Camping World carries them @ $15.99 ea

iowaone

I just took off the black cap sawed off the pipe and put the black caps back on about a year ago. No trouble. You may want use some sort of glue to hold the cap on if it comes off.

oscar

What iowaone said, except I would take half off each end to preserve as much of the taper as possible to put the plastic caps back on.

avvidclif

A little more info. I bought 3 new shorter ones. Reason being the originals were perfect when using the drop down couch/bed. When we don't use it but the Euro recliners they were too tall. Now I can go either way.