Toilet

alwall

Hi

I am newbie, long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 2015 model 22RBK.

My wife is a big girl (is this politically correct?) and has severe knee problems. Is there a strong replacement toilet seat or alternative toilet to recommend? The original seat gets detached after each use.

Thanks!

Al

danemayer

Hi alwall,

Welcome to posting on the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm not sure which toilet is installed in your North Trail, but you might want to visit a local dealer and see if they have the Dometic 310 or 320 units. They're reasonably strong.

Oregon_Camper

How about something like this. Would take the weight off the toilet and stop it from coming loose each time. Then, using the handles, she can push herself up...taking strain off her knees. Plus the added 4-5" seat height helps in going down and up.

attachment.php

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One of the pins that held the seat on the Thetford model toilet in our recently traded in Heartland Trail Runner fell out almost every time someone used it.

I tried a few fixes, but never did solve that problem and was going to replace the seat when we decided to upgrade the trailer.

We have the same unit in our new Heartland Prowler, so I'm hoping we don't have that same issue.