Another tribute to the Bighorn assembly

SeattleLion

For the first time since we bought our BH we are having dinner guests. So we needed to extend the table. We discovered that the wonderful Heartland assembly team installed our table so that the table extends toward the wall where there is only one inch of clearance. We had to unscrew the table and turn it around. Not the biggest problem to have but a perfect example of Heartland's quality control. That makes 29 initial quality issues. <sigh>

Note: my stupid iPad changed Bighorn to Elkhorn. Sheesh!

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't bother reattaching it to the floor. We unscrewed ours and it doesn't move. We did get rid of the four uncomfortable chairs and replace them with two Amish (for real) Windsor chairs and two good wooden folding chairs (for guest use). The folding ones fit behind the sofa when not needed, or I use one as a desk chair.

The big, black centerpiece thinks the table is one of his spots.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleLion

Those are really nice folding chairs. If we come across any good stuff, we'll replace ours. Your centerpiece is cute. Our golden retriever has her "cave" under the table. She wedges herself between the table support and the wall.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We got the folding chairs online from "Foldingchairs4less, " and were about $20 each, plus shipping. I couldn't find anything worth getting in the stores. The Windsors came from Art Van Furniture, but were rather pricey (but we're worth it).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought our dining room table and chairs at the Art Van Furniture Store in Jackson, Michigan back in the '80's . . .

I call it 'The War Of The Roses' table as it seats 12 people when fully extended.

Westwind

The only complaint I have so far with our table and chair's was that the table was fastened to the floor dead center with the window which doesn't give us any room on one side. So I removed the screws the second year we had it and it has worked out fine. I tie the chairs down and the table is in the middle and stays in place when we travel.
The 4 chairs that came with the trailer have held up so far but I am going to brace the underneath and that should help preserve them into lasting longer. My wife is a small person and I'm not but I treat them gently. Should we have to replace furniture "Overstock" or some online vendor will be my choice to start. We need to replace our mattress os I'm looking at any place with free delivery who will remove the old mattress for free also.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We removed the screws 7 years ago and turned it. It has never moved in all the time/miles.