2015 Cyclone 4100 Steps falling apart.

Snaredrum

Well just got home from a great weekend of camping but did have a problem with the front set of steps coming apart. The top step right side shoulder rivet was laying on the ground the next morning and the top stop is loose. On further inspection, I have notice 2 more loose about ready to come out. I will be calling the dealer in the morning but has anyone ever had this problem? Also, who makes this steps?

John T Bettencourt

Yes, I have a 2009 Landmark and the corners of the top step got cracks in each side about 2in long. I took the step out and had a welder reinforce it. Has been okay over the last year.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would call HL sevice 1st. There was a thread a while back about steps coming a part/ failing. HL just might send them to YOU and save a trip to your dealer if you don't mind installing them yourself. Just a thought.

TX_Clay

Interesting, The top rt side step of our CY 3010 lost its rivet this weekend. My wife was coming out and almost fell.
Guess I will be calling Heartland tomorrow for whatever the fix is supposed to be.
IMAG0096.jpgIMAG0097.jpgIMAG0098.jpg

TX_Clay

Contacted Heartland, was given the choice to take it in for repair or they would send me the repair kit. Choose the repair kit. Really don't want to be waiting on the 5er for 3 weeks.
FYI - was told that it is the top 2 steps that will need the rivets replaced. Drill out rivets and replace with bolts that are being sent.

Snaredrum

I think they are wrong. My third step from the top is also failing. Mine top step is exactly like TX_Clays. They said mine didnt fall under the recall at first but are fixing it. So far so good with Heartland.

TX_Clay

Mine also didn't fall within the VIN numbers for the recall. That's why I didn't receive a recall notification, so the Heartland Rep told me on the phone when I called.
Bet Heartland will be expanding the recall.

TX_Clay

Guessing that Heartland doesn't get in a rush to send out recall parts. Spoke with them on Monday and have not received the parts yet. Would certainly like to have it repaired for use this weekend. Right now, it is useable as I put a bolt in to support the step AS LONG as one of the other rivets doesn't fail. Always that chance.