What is your feelings of Heartland Owners Assn offering optional RVAssist Insurance?

fdajnowicz

I would like to find out if the Heartland Owners Assn. (H.O.A.) would consider offering a paid option for RVAssist Insurance. One company Seven Corners Insurance, is a free member benefit with Family Motor Coach Assn (FMCA) and Good Sam offers a fee based option $80 or $140/yr.

http://www.fmca.com/benefits/fmcassist.html

http://www.goodsamtravelassist.com/...g&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Good+Sam+Search

What would your reponse be IF H.O.A. offered some form of RVAssist insurance. Would you consider purchasing a policy?

My wife refuses to drive while our North Trail is attached to the bumper, If something happened to me while traveling, this now starts a list of issues that we would need immediate solutions.

Frank Dajnowicz :rolleyes:

avvidclif

Because of your concerns is exactly why my wife learned to pull our trailer. The "R" position doesn't exist when the trailer is hooked up but "D" works just fine.

Yes I probably would. But roadside assist wouldn't help if something happened to you, my understanding is it covers the TV and RV.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Good question, but that might not be a liability that HL (HOC) would what to engage in. It's not easy to provide any kind of insurance. JMHO

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave, it's the HL owners club (HOC) that's being asked about. I think the OP has that confused with something else.

SilverRhino

Good question, but that might not be a liability that HL (HOC) would what to engage in. It's not easy to provide any kind of insurance. JMHO

Agree with Bob...... My feeling is this is a liability that the Club should avoid. We need to stick to the original purpose of the HOC and continue to be the best at that. JMHO

buddyboy

With other sources for that type of insurance, and, with the potential liability exposure to the members of the club, I (a former insurance broker and paralegal) am totally against that. I drive and park (yep, I can even back the puppy up) - it's not as scary as many believe. Just my thoughts.

Martha

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The significantly larger pool of people in good sam club probably makes it easier to offer much lower rates for such that what the size of pool from HOC could manage to negotiate anyway. Multiple memberships have different benefits and few of the benefits overlap.

jbeletti

The significantly larger pool of people in good sam club probably makes it easier to offer much lower rates for such that what the size of pool from HOC could manage to negotiate anyway. Multiple memberships have different benefits and few of the benefits overlap.

Good Sam Club: 1,500,000 members
Heartland Owners Club: 1,504

There are many options out there now that are open to any RVer. At this time, this is not an area we plan to explore. Thank you though for getting this conversation going. We're at the national rally now and one of our dear members took seriously ill. After being stabilized at a local hospital, he's being transported by ambulance "400 miles". That can't be cheap. Unsure if he has any of the many plans out there but something to think about. We do have a SkyMed rep speaking at the rally this week. They too are one of many options out there and while SkyMed may not be the best-fit for everyone, here again, it gets the conversation started.