Can you use VIN to get a complete list of equipment on your HRV?

teasac69

is there someplace on the web site or anywhere else you can use your VIN to get a complete list of the gear on your coach? I want to know about the axles, gear, etc.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
is there someplace on the web site or anywhere else you can use your VIN to get a complete list of the gear on your coach? I want to know about the axles, gear, etc.

Try calling Heartland Customer Service with your Vin # and see if they can help you with the info you want.
The phone number is listed on the Portals page.

olcoon

On our 2011 Elk Ridge there is a tag on both axels stating how many pounds the axel is rated at, and date of manufacture, along with the company that made them. I don't know what else you are needing, I'm assuming springs, etc., don't know what to tell you on that, but I'm assuming it will probably be Dexter.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Go to the HL web site, find your coach, and it will list everything that it has as standard and all the options available. The list will tell you who made it, what the specs are, etc, etc.

TxCowboy

Unless Heartland is tracking that information, you're probably out of luck. (Personally, I wish HL DID do this.)

I tried running my RV VIN through a Goggle search and got no returns. I can (and have done) a VIN search on my RAM truck and can pull the build history with all installed accessories specific to my truck.

jimtoo

Heartland does know what is in your unit, they just do not make it public. If you have a problem you can call Heartland service and they can give you info you need.

TxCowboy

Heartland does know what is in your unit, they just do not make it public. If you have a problem you can call Heartland service and they can give you info you need.

Jimtoo, I'm certain you are correct. But wouldn't it be nice to go check out a nice RV, jot down the VIN, and then be able search the HL (or other...) website and pull up every standard features and upgrade options installed on that particular RV? Then you can do a true "apples to apples" comparison of model, features, upgrades, and sales price.

I would love to be able to shop for RVs that way.

Lynn1130

Mine had the window sticker on the living room window when we first looked at it. I failed to tell them that I wanted that but a call to Heartland and they emailed the list to me.

TxCowboy

Jeff all you need is the VIN# and a call to HL to get all the info you need.

Actually, I've got mine -- got it when we bought the unit in 2011. What I'd like to be able to do is get the VIN off a unit we're interested in buying and download the information from the Internet -- just like you can do now with a car or truck.

Bob&Patty

True, but you are not dealing with cars or trucks. You are dealing with RV's. Maybe at some point HL might provide the service...who knows. To do this service would require many man hours, building a new data base and probably lots of $$$$.
'

danemayer

I once met with Sears Roebuck executives to help convince them to buy a bunch of new computer equipment for their stores. They really liked the proposal. But they explained that they would have to figure out how many additional pairs of socks those new computers would help them sell. Their cost/benefit analysis was literally built around pairs of socks.

I'm sure when Heartland considers spending money they ask the same type of question. How many additional new trailers will we sell if we do this?

Bob&Patty

You might be able to hire people to build a data base for lets say $40K. Just because some dealer gets $80K for trailer, that does not mean that HL's bottom line is that. I wonder just much real dollar amounts are in the the end result after they pay for the buildings, employee wages, equipment, and all the other things that go into a coach. I can't imagine how many hours it would take to start at day 1 and enter every build sheet on every coach they have built since 2004.