Cyclone ramp door roll up screen

Miltp920

We were using the rear screen to get a nice breeze moving through the TH this weekend. This is when I realized that the screen rides in a channel from the top to the bottom. It is not fixed like on a screen door or window. When the wind got stronger, the screen blew out of the channel and I thought it was broke - pulled out of the spline. The edge of the screen was a good 6-8 inches blowing into the garage area. Well, upon a closer look, there is no spline - that rubber rope looking thing that holds the screen in a door or window. So, I learned something about my Cyclone this weekend. I thought I was going to have to fix it, but it turned out it was part of the design of it.

Securityman

Yea I had the same set up in my last fun finder rear ramp door , same screen also , I though the same after it came out of the track. Just got a new cyclone 3110 and the screen won't stay down on the magnets , thinking something is crooked up top when they mounted the unit , one more thing to fix !!

porthole

Retired
Yea I had the same set up in my last fun finder rear ramp door , same screen also , I though the same after it came out of the track. Just got a new cyclone 3110 and the screen won't stay down on the magnets , thinking something is crooked up top when they mounted the unit , one more thing to fix !!

The screen on our Pella sliding door in the house works the same way, right down to the magnet to keep it deployed.