Backlight in Greystone fireplace

DonHelenL

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010 RE . The Greystone fireplace which is located in front of the retractable TV has a "fire" light on the left side of the unit that is burnt out( I'm guessing) . Can anyone give me a hint as how to remove the FP to replace the bulb?

buddyboy

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010 RE . The Greystone fireplace which is located in front of the retractable TV has a "fire" light on the left side of the unit that is burnt out( I'm guessing) . Can anyone give me a hint as how to remove the FP to replace the bulb?

I believe Paul carefully removed the trimwork from around the fireplace and then there were many screws holding it in place. I do know it took him a while to locate all of them and pull it out. Sorry I can't be more help.

DonHelenL

Thanks TX....If I was only so lucky. Mine is a different unit. It is a 36" unit and does not have any access doors. It is completely surrounded by imitation brick/stone. Not looking forward to tearing apart the entertainment center to change bulb.

Roller4tan

I cut out the section between the sound bar and the fireplace with a sharp utility knife. This gave access to the screws and space to lift the fireplace a little out of the bottom holder. Lay it on it's face and remove the panel for the bulbs. I replaced all of mine at the same time, even tho some still worked. When you put the fake brick back up use a LITTLE construction adhesive and the repair is unnoticeable unless you get real close.

Remembering now... Lift unit up and off mounting screws behind unit, no screws to remove. Sometimes (a lot) I get CRS. :p