Happijac help

ccrider

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm trying to figure out how to use the 4 pins that came with beds in garage. It's a 13 torque 301. The beds don't seem to line up the same on both sides. It's hard to explain. The users guide here shows different ones from mine. On one side I see white through the holes and the other side is open. But the beds seem to measure the same amount from each other. I want to secure them for travel thanks

rsg1963

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm trying to figure out how to use the 4 pins that came with beds in garage. It's a 13 torque 301. The beds don't seem to line up the same on both sides. It's hard to explain. The users guide here shows different ones from mine. On one side I see white through the holes and the other side is open. But the beds seem to measure the same amount from each other. I want to secure them for travel thanks

We have (trading in for a BH next weekend) a Jayco Recon ZX toy hauler with twin queens in the garage. We have 4 pins to secure the upper bunk. There is no securing the lower. Some of this advice is obvious so please do not take it as an insult. Just that sometimes we all forget the simple things while looking for a complicated answer.
I suggest measuring from the top down to the holes that are open on one side and measuring to the same location on the other side. If those hole are there but not open, you may need to lift slightly with one hand while placing the pins. Also be sure you are on level ground (I know that seems obvious but everything in your favor helps).
The bed should barely move down at all once the pins are in so be sure you are selecting the closest holes to when the beds are fully raised. You may also want to be sure there is not something on the lower bed that is skewing the upper bunk once they are close together. That will throw it off as well.
Finally, know that raising the beds is enough for travel, the pins are only there for keeping the upper bed, up, if you do not want to lower it when using the bottom bunk.

Hope you figure it out soon!

ccrider

LOL! Is that the problem. Its not level? Im laughing at myself right now. Im so glad you posted this. That might actually be it! Ill take another look. The one side is off in my driveway. I didnt bother leveling side to side., just front to back. Because we are going to be using the trailer frequently now. But, I also thought the pins were to hold both top and bottom bed from going down accidentally during travel. I know they are used to keep them from moving too somehow. i really hate not having literature that comes with trailer. Thanks so much

We have (trading in for a BH next weekend) a Jayco Recon ZX toy hauler with twin queens in the garage. We have 4 pins to secure the upper bunk. There is no securing the lower. Some of this advice is obvious so please do not take it as an insult. Just that sometimes we all forget the simple things while looking for a complicated answer.
I suggest measuring from the top down to the holes that are open on one side and measuring to the same location on the other side. If those hole are there but not open, you may need to lift slightly with one hand while placing the pins. Also be sure you are on level ground (I know that seems obvious but everything in your favor helps).
The bed should barely move down at all once the pins are in so be sure you are selecting the closest holes to when the beds are fully raised. You may also want to be sure there is not something on the lower bed that is skewing the upper bunk once they are close together. That will throw it off as well.
Finally, know that raising the beds is enough for travel, the pins are only there for keeping the upper bed, up, if you do not want to lower it when using the bottom bunk.

Hope you figure it out soon!

ILH

On my rig, 3 of the 4 pins go in easily, the 4th requires me to move the bunk up or down a fraction of an inch with the button. Works every time. Obviously the holes aren't 100% lined up.

We have a toyhauler and with the couch and bed on the happijac we can't put our Razor in beds don't go up far enough. My question is has anyone taken the couch off and just left the top bunk?

ILH

On mine, the bottom bunk is attached to the lift drive. Without a bottom bunk you can't raise and lower the bunks with the motor.

Stalling2

The pins are to keep are only to keep the top bunk from coming down to the fixed stopping point so that you can use the bottom bunk/couch without worrying about the top bunk. I have a 2014 Torque SS 321 (12 ft. Garage) and a 2012 RZR-4 900 that has the roof that slants high towards the back. I didn't have enough clearance to get my RZR in so i had to unplug the limit switch on the HappiJac so that it would go up the extra 2 inches that I needed. Very simple fix.