Sliding door under sink (Garbage Can Door) won't stay shut

New Owner here of a 2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS. Sorry if posting on the wrong section, but I didn't see a section off hand interior cabinet doors went into. The door underneath the kitchen sink that houses the garbage can will not stay closed. It is on Sliders and it uses two plastic pieces that appear to be worn out. Two male pieces mount on the door and two round female pieces mount to the frame at the top. What are these called and where do I find them? I have pics but can't upload them. Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can find those catches at any home improvement store such as Lowe's or Home Depot.
Just ask for them in the cabinet hardware area.
When you install the new ones be sure to check the alignment. The male part should hit in the center of the two rollers.

Peace
Dave

You can find those catches at any home improvement store such as Lowe's or Home Depot.
Just ask for them in the cabinet hardware area.
When you install the new ones be sure to check the alignment. The male part should hit in the center of the two rollers.

Peace
Dave

I didn't know what they were called for that type so didn't know what to search for. On another note, but still on doors, the sliding mirrored doors in the bedroom have latches that grab the sliding door and hold it close. The handles seem to break off these making them very hard to open. This same type handle seems to be used in may RVs. Where might I find these handles? Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Although many people have reported broken mirror door latches, they need proper alignment as well.
When you replace them you may have to reposition from their current position.
The door should hit center on those as well.
Call Heartland Customer Service for replacement or you may find them on line or at an RV dealer.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Westwind

The handle part on our bedroom closet sliding doors broke long ago, we are able to slide them in and lock them when traveling and when stopped we open and reverse them so that they don't lock and we can close and open them easily. From what I've read, you get new ones and in a short period of time they break also.

danemayer

I got tired of replacing the closet door latches every few months. No matter how careful we were, they just break after a while. I bought pins from Home Depot and drilled holes in the track. Now I pin the doors closed.

Attachments

• Closet Door Pinned crop.jpg
    Closet Door Pinned crop.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Closet Door Pin.jpg
    Closet Door Pin.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 31
I didn't know what they were called for that type so didn't know what to search for. On another note, but still on doors, the sliding mirrored doors in the bedroom have latches that grab the sliding door and hold it close. The handles seem to break off these making them very hard to open. This same type handle seems to be used in may RVs. Where might I find these handles? Thanks.

I went to Lowes last night and they didn't have the cabinet hardware. I'll try Hope Depot next. Good info on the Sliding Bedroom Doors. Thanks.

AAdams

New Owner here of a 2011 Heartland Big Country 3450TS. Sorry if posting on the wrong section, but I didn't see a section off hand interior cabinet doors went into. The door underneath the kitchen sink that houses the garbage can will not stay closed. It is on Sliders and it uses two plastic pieces that appear to be worn out. Two male pieces mount on the door and two round female pieces mount to the frame at the top. What are these called and where do I find them? I have pics but can't upload them. Thanks.

Is this what you are looking for to fix the trash can door?
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=37792&stc=1
If so they are at Lowe's. Should be in the hardware department, usually in little tilt out drawers. Their item number is 233957 or item 233964 for Copper / Bronze finish

Attachments

• Latch.jpg
    Latch.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 94
Is this what you are looking for to fix the trash can door?
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=37792&stc=1
If so they are at Lowe's. Should be in the hardware department, usually in little tilt out drawers. Their item number is 233957 or item 233964 for Copper / Bronze finish

No I saw those. That's what is under the drawer that is under my fridge. Tried to upload pics now that I have 2 posts, hope that helps. (Yes I know they are not aligned as I have been messing with them. They are cracked and worn out.)

Attachments

• 11-3450TSa_002.JPG
    11-3450TSa_002.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 11-3450TS_022.JPG
    11-3450TS_022.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 11-3450TS_023.JPG
    11-3450TS_023.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

AAdams

No I saw those. That's what is under the drawer that is under my fridge. Tried to upload pics now that I have 2 posts, hope that helps. (Yes I know they are not aligned as I have been messing with them. They are cracked and worn out.)

You can find it here. The pictures helped, thanks.
attachment.php

Also the catch for the mirrored closet door can be found here.
attachment.php

Attachments

• MirrorLatch.jpg
    MirrorLatch.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 97
  • BulldogCatch.jpg
    BulldogCatch.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 97
  • BulldogCatch.jpg
    BulldogCatch.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

TxCowboy

Chickenwarrior, those plastic closures on the garbage can door are junk. If you're like us, we open and close the garbage can door dozens of times each day. They wear out quickly.

Get the magnetic closures. They are not very expensive and last much, much longer. You'll probably find them sitting right next to the plastic closures in Lowe's or Home Depot.

Bones

I got tired of replacing the closet door latches every few months. No matter how careful we were, they just break after a while. I bought pins from Home Depot and drilled holes in the track. Now I pin the doors closed.

That's a good idea. I'm waiting for my replacements now but if they break again I will do something similar.

Bob Vaughn

We like our trash/recycle drawer except the containers are round. If they had used square containers they would hold more. Just seems like a lot of wasted space there.....