Outdoor Mats: Which ones to buy that last?

Prevailer

So, I went back through 2009 in the "Camping Products" posts and didn't find anything about good RV mats/outdoor carpeting. I was hoping to find out what brand/style stands up the best? They are not cheap enough for me to keep buying and learning the hard way.... :mad:

I am looking for a larger size (8x18-ish), and it will spend its time in the SW -- so plenty of heat, sun, and UV rays.

Any ideas?

jimtoo

Hi Prevailer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some recommendations for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We bought some nice ones at WalMart . . .

They've been with us through three campers so far!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I guess you can't see them in a couple of the shots . . . but they are there!

Attachments

• TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095052920.jpg
    687.3 KB · Views: 359
  • CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg
    CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 348
  • CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg
    CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 344
  • SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 346
  • Camping11MileSmall-IMG_0420.jpg
    Camping11MileSmall-IMG_0420.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 347

TxCowboy

Wally World carries a ton of the smaller outdoor mats that go under the steps. Most run less than about $15 so, if you get a couple of years wear out of them, you're getting a good deal.

In the Wally World RV areas, they also carry the larger outdoor mats/outdoor carpets. They're a bit more expensive but we've had one of the reversible nylon weave that has lasted for about three years. We even use it at home during the off-season.

sjs731

I got this one on Amazon. Can't remember the brand. 18' long. Has held up for 3 years of use every weekend in the spring, summer and fall. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434715691.812393.jpg

Steve
2007 GMC Duramax/Allison
B&W Companion
2012 Sundance 3300CK

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We bought one at CW 4-5 years ago. It has held up well (nylon weave type). The sun in Calf. does not do anything any good and that's all year round. I don't remember the size, but my guess would be 8' by at least 16' maybe closer to 18'.

Westwind

We bought a nylon weave type, not the plastic tube type that you see in Walmart, we haven't used it yet but we are headed to New Hampshire for 4 nights and it will get used there. It's a breathable outdoor mat (Aeoweave) we got it at Camping World and it had a storage bag. Hopefully it will be easy to clean, fold up and store. Since I'm new to a Patio Mat I'm also curious to see what everyone posts.