Replaced 3 step with Lippert 4 step

Miltp920

Replaced 3 step with Lippert 4 step tonight. Hardest part was getting to the bolts. They are hidden up under some light sheet metal. Once I figured out how to loosen up the sheet metal, 4 bolts off, 4 bolts on. Used the Air Socket Wrench, made it easier. I bolted them up to a 2014 Cyclone 3100, but they are universal. 27 1/2 inches wide (24 inch steps) MADE IN THE USA! FREE shipping; shipped in 5 days. Ordered Monday, arrived Friday. $199 each; bought 2. MUCH easier to climb up into 5er. A bit more springy than my 3 step, but I put a 4x4 under bottom step to stabilize and ALL is GOOD. I wish Heartland would offer the 4 step as an option. IF they did, I did not get the memo. I will never go back to 3 steps again.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 4 step (1).jpg
    4 step (1).jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 4 step box.jpg
    4 step box.jpg
    835.7 KB · Views: 223

Miltp920

[h=5]Thanks for the heads up. I will be checking with Lippert to see if my steps purchased in 2015 apply to this recall.

SUMMARY:[/h]Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC (Heartland) is recalling certain model year 2015 Bighorn, Cyclone, Edge, Elkridge, Landmark 365, Road Warrior, and Torque fifth wheel and travel trailers. In the affected vehicles, a rivet for the quad entry steps may shear and fail, causing the steps to give when being used.[h=5]CONSEQUENCE:[/h]If the rivet shears causing the quad step to fail, the step user may fall, increasing the risk of personal injury.[h=5]REMEDY:[/h]Heartland has notified owners, and dealers will replace the defective rivets with bolts, free of charge. The recall began on April 13, 2015. Owners may contact Heartland customer service at 1-877-262-8032. Heartland's number for this recall is 99-01-20.[h=5]NOTES:[/h]Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.