HELP!!! - Landing Gear not working

psdl*99

It worked last night. Parked new Razor 3612TS, dropped gear electrically, pulled out no problem. Today, backed up, hooked up and went to retract the gear and there is no power to the motor.

I did a search and there was mention of a fuse near the switch... where is this?
I checked the fuse panel and everything looks OK. I could not identify a fuse for 'landing gear'.
Any other recommendations? The manual process is working but holy cow... that's a lot of work.

Thanks in advance for the good info!?!?

Pete

SmokeyBare

I would start by checking the wires behind the switch. Looking if it has somehow become disconnected. Next... Test the wires for power going into the Switch.

On my Bighorn the wire harness leads back to the gang of circuit breakers on the rear wall of the front compartment. These Breakers are auto re-set... not like a house circuit breaker that can be tripped back to the on setting.

Simple electrical tester will sure help finding out if there is power going into the Switch. Should you find power there... and the switch still refuses to make the motor run... I believe the problem would be the switch.

Hope this helps... while in there... look at the shaft that goes across the compartment between the two landing gears. There are two bolts that connect the square shaft to the gear drive of each landing gear. Make sure the Nut and bolt are tight... there has been occasions where the nut has worked off the bolt and allowed the bolt to back out of the hole. This also will cause the curb side landing gear to not work... Good idea to check this from time to time...

psdl*99

Thanks Smokey. I am not able to access the area behind the switch due to the generator compartment wall and the ODS propane tank compartment wall. The bottom is buttoned up also. The switch panel would have to be unscrewed and pulled out. While I am fine doing this I'd rather the dealer perform this task to ensure I do not negate any warranty.

I spoke to the dealer this morning and they mentioned breakers in the battery compartment. I will check that when I get home today and post results.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Front Jack Fuse

I had to replace the fuse in mine about the third time I extended them. I've marked the location in the attached photo! :D

Attachments

• Front Jack Fuse Location.JPG
    Front Jack Fuse Location.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 160

truknutt

Committed Member
Same thing that happened to HT occurred on my Cyclone; only we never got it out of the Service Bay following the PDI ! The technician was PO'd 'cause it made him look bad when he couldn't find the fuse. Stuff happens, My Man!

I'm glad it happened so I would know where to look in the future. ;)

Dave

psdl*99

Still no luck

HT - My 3612 has the same setup you describe and picture. There is a 30 amp fuse just above the gen enclosure. The fuse was OK. I pulled it, inspected it, then pushed it back in. Still nothing. I can not reach the motor or the wires behind the switch due to the gen enclosure. There was no other breaker (per dealer instructions) that I could find.

I hope my dealer can squeeze me in before our maiden voyage on April 11. :mad:

Loco

My cyclone did the same I replace the fuse with a bus breaker that will reset if it kicks. You can remove the switch panel to check wiring. It will give you a 3x4 inch hole to look in. It is small but you can see if the wiring is ok.

psdl*99

Dealer said they could get me in on April 9 but I did not want to wait any more. I pulled the switch out and there was the loose wire... mystery solved. So, my short list of repairs is a little shorter. I still love this thing.

Thanks for the ideas, I may do the breaker if the fuse gives me problems.

Loco, I checked out your mods/fixes on the Cyclone posts. VERY NICE (read Borat voice). I have plans for mine also... all in good time.

Last edited:

psdl*99

Update: After the first three trips this year I went through three fuses. The dealership tested the motor draw and it was actually pulling 40 amps. The motor manufacturer sent out a new motor and it was swapped in June. No problems since.

viking4545

In my Cyclone I have gone through 22 fuses in 10 voyages, finally took it to the dealer and found out the motor was pulling 47 amps, little too much for 30 amp fuse. The dealer contacted Heartland and they are sending out a new heavy duty motor, on back order of course, should be some time in August. For now Ill just keep my stock of 30 amp fuses full.

bigredtruck

Thank goodness for all of you guys. DH arrived this morning with our new 3210 and the landing gear just stopped after he unhooked the truck. I told him it was a fuse and he didn't believe me. Thanks to your posts and the great picture, he knew where to look and that is exactly the problem!!! Saved us hours and hours of bickering!!!! My friends and DH laughed at me for being glued to this website for the last 4 weeks but look who's laughing now!!:D