TQ 290 dry weight conflicting reports

Larz12345

Hello, looking at buying 2014 torque tq 290 bumper pull. I've seen many different weights listed. I need to know dry weight of entire unit and hitch weight empty. It does have generator if that matters. Thanks. Andrew

jimtoo

Hi Larz12345,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There is a yellow tag/sticker on the door frame. It has the empty weight of the trailer as it left the assembly building. This is the only place you can find accurate weight for that unit. The Heartland RVs spec sheets list average weights before any options are added.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

Manzan

Andrew, what you should check is the GVWR especially if you are concerned with being able to tow it safely with a given tow vehicle. I don't know of anyone who pulls an empty trailer. Make sure it is below the maximum your TV can handle. It is very easy to exceed what is safe.

GOTTOYS

The gross weight will be posted on the front left side on the VIN sticker. The empty weight is meaningless as it doesn't include any water, waste water, propane, hitch weight, and so on. If the allowable towing limits on your tow vehicle are marginal you will not have a good experience towing it....Don