leak?

Mainerunr

Last weekend my wife showed me an area in the front of our unit where the wall is bubbling in seemingly random spots but only on one side. The only thing I can figure is that there is a leak and thinking about it, the most likely location I can come up with is the marker light on the top front.

Has anyone ever run into a leak at one of these lights? What is the best way to re-seal to prevent further water intrusion? I have not had time to take the light off, I know I could just silicone around it but if there is a better way, I would rather do it right. Thinking it might be best to just reseal all the lights while I am at it unless the fix has potential to introduce leaks where I have none now...

Thanks.

Justin.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You could remove the lamp and put extra sealer on it. I would just clean the old sealer off and reseal it along the top and sides, but I would do all of them, front and rear.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
With that many water leaks, it sounds like the RV got hooked up to a faucet with high water pressure without a pressure regulator in line. Not blaming you. I see dealers do this a lot. On our previous Sundance, the water was connected without a regulator during our PDI. Fortunately, the water faucet was low pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainerunr

With that many water leaks, it sounds like the RV got hooked up to a faucet with high water pressure without a pressure regulator in line. Not blaming you. I see dealers do this a lot. On our previous Sundance, the water was connected without a regulator during our PDI. Fortunately, the water faucet was low pressure.

Just one leak, definitely was the marker light on the front, looking at it from the top, there was a clear gap. Planning on recaulking the rest before they become a problem its just that there are a lot of lights and I did not have enough daylight to do them all last night.

Water system has not leaked (yet) and is always hooked up using a pressure regulator.

boatto5er

Check on top around your TV antenna. I recently found the caulking needing redoing around that area. It was definitely the source of a leak I had and was having trouble tracing because it was manifesting itself over 10 feet over in a closet!

Mainerunr

Check on top around your TV antenna. I recently found the caulking needing redoing around that area. It was definitely the source of a leak I had and was having trouble tracing because it was manifesting itself over 10 feet over in a closet!

Good input, thanks. I'll be checking everything that is caulked. Of course, it is pouring today.

Not sure what the best thing to use is, I have a tube of silicone that I was planning to use at the lights but wondering if acrylic latex caulk would be better at the antenna...

boatto5er

I use Dicor self leveling caulk. Very sticky and definitely provides a good seal.