Warranty work!!

roadking500

Hey everyone!! Will be traveling to SD in a couple days...taking my time...retired. Would like to know of reliable service centers (if there are any) that honor warranty work...just in case something comes up!! My 3160 el has been in shop more than on the road!! Thanks!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Call Heartland Customer Service. They can usually advise you of places that can do Warranty work. Also mobile service providers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

It has been a Heartland policy that you can get your warranty work done by anyone you choose. Just notify Heartland service before work is started. The tip to check with Heartland service for their lists of service providers owners have had good warranty experiences with is a good idea. You can also check RVServiceReviews.com for reviews by other RV owners.

danemayer

It has been a Heartland policy that you can get your warranty work done by anyone you choose. Just notify Heartland service before work is started.
Heartland is pretty flexible, but I think they want to authorize servicers in advance rather than just get a notification from you. That gives them a chance to check on qualifications. My uncle Ernie might not qualify.

Rhyph

Although it's Heartland's policy (thankfully) to get warranty work done anywhere, our experience so far with warranty work has been frankly terrible and not at our selected dealership's fault. I (and the dealer) have had more contacts with Heartland reps than I care to mention, up to the Regional Director level. I could write a novel of a post about how bad our new BigHorn 3610RE has been, and I just might one day, but I'm too bitter right now with our terrible ownership experience so far. This is why we haven't joined the owner club behest other very enthusiastic Heartland owners we've met on the road and their recommendations. We crossed the 30th warranty item threshold this month, and it's our 12th month of ownership so we're about to be side lined with no more warranty and I still have items going back to our delivery list that remain unresolved and of course new items cropped up on this trip we are on. It has spent almost 9 solid months of our ownership in the shop. We had a special arrangement with them, where they practically were storing and working on it, between our trips. Sad when we had to coordinate with them, how our brand new 5th wheel spent it's downtime.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
All you have done is comment on problems. What type of unit do you have? When and where did you get it? What types of issues have you been having. Keep in mind you can use this board to 'vent' but we can offer you no help if we are left in the dark.

Rhyph

All you have done is comment on problems. What type of unit do you have? When and where did you get it? What types of issues have you been having. Keep in mind you can use this board to 'vent' but we can offer you no help if we are left in the dark.

I frankly wasn't looking for help right now, it deserves it's own thread should I choose to air my laundry list of problems as we've experienced them, some day maybe. As I already mentioned, it's a new Big Horn 3610RE (2014 model year), put my join date with that and well I joined when we bought it brand new at the end of June 2014. Not sure what else you want to know, and I seriously doubt there's anything the fine members of the board here can do to help.

buddyboy

Am sure everyone on this forum will give you our assistance, but what kind of warranty issues are you having? Sounds like you've had a terrible time. Please let everyone know your issues past and current.

Martha

123camper

Green Star RV in Rapid City is where we bought our Sundance and had it serviced under warranty. We have had it 5 yrs and have left that area but they were a great bunch of people.

buddyboy

I frankly wasn't looking for help right now, it deserves it's own thread should I choose to air my laundry list of problems as we've experienced them, some day maybe. As I already mentioned, it's a new Big Horn 3610RE (2014 model year), put my join date with that and well I joined when we bought it brand new at the end of June 2014. Not sure what else you want to know, and I seriously doubt there's anything the fine members of the board here can do to help.

We're all owners here and may have experienced some of your problems and would have suggestions, but if you don't want help or advice, I'm sure we'll respect your position.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ok. If you wanted me to give you a long laundry list of issues we had with out first Landmark I can but all that does is beat a dead cause. I will say that even though we were past our warranty Heartland continued to assist us with our issues to get them taken care of. Keep in mind there is not ever any Recreational Vehicles that are totally problem free regardless of how much you pay. I know you understand that. But there are many issues those of us on this forum could assist you with if you want. If not all I can say is safe travels and good luck.

Rhyph

Ok. If you wanted me to give you a long laundry list of issues we had with out first Landmark I can but all that does is beat a dead cause. I will say that even though we were past our warranty Heartland continued to assist us with our issues to get them taken care of. Keep in mind there is not ever any Recreational Vehicles that are totally problem free regardless of how much you pay. I know you understand that. But there are many issues those of us on this forum could assist you with if you want. If not all I can say is safe travels and good luck.

Thank you again for the offer to assist, I just don't think there's much that can be done here within the context of the forum. We are at a point of being primarily concerned with asset protection and when to consider bailing out of the product. I will post our ownership story, maybe I'll get around to it today for those that are truly interested in my "venting".

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you again for the offer to assist, I just don't think there's much that can be done here within the context of the forum. We are at a point of being primarily concerned with asset protection and when to consider bailing out of the product. I will post our ownership story, maybe I'll get around to it today for those that are truly interested in my "venting".

This is a forum of owners, just like you. Many have had issues, and many have had issues resolved without ever involving a dealer. Many folks here try really hard to help everyone that comes to the forum.

Many things I've learned in my 7 years on this forum:
1. People have high expectations, and experience disappointment with the reality of their manufactured home on wheels. A complete towable is built in just 2-3 days... On an assembly line with thousands of moving parts. Then it's towed around on horrible roads at 60+ mph. It just isn't going to to be perfect.

2. People expect warranty items to be top priority for dealership, when this is actually the opposite. Moving trailers out the door is top priority. Once they have your money, you are not going to be nearly as important.

3. People assume dealer is 100% telling truth and place blame on Heartland, when service is lacking, slow, does not solve issues or parts don't arrive. -- talking to Heartland directly often provides the best and most accurate information/solution.

4. People insist the warranty work be done by the dealer, just because it's warranty work. If the item can be fixed by the owner in an hour or less with parts shipped direct from Heartland, do it and GO USE IT!! Don't waste time and effort playing the waiting/blame-shifting game with the dealer.

Rhyph

This is a forum of owners, just like you. Many have had issues, and many have had issues resolved without ever involving a dealer. Many folks here try really hard to help everyone that comes to the forum.

Many things I've learned in my 7 years on this forum:
1. People have high expectations, and experience disappointment with the reality of their manufactured home on wheels. A complete towable is built in just 2-3 days... On an assembly line with thousands of moving parts. Then it's towed around on horrible roads at 60+ mph. It just isn't going to to be perfect.

2. People expect warranty items to be top priority for dealership, when this is actually the opposite. Moving trailers out the door is top priority. Once they have your money, you are not going to be nearly as important.

3. People assume dealer is 100% telling truth and place blame on Heartland, when service is lacking, slow, does not solve issues or parts don't arrive. -- talking to Heartland directly often provides the best and most accurate information/solution.

4. People insist the warranty work be done by the dealer, just because it's warranty work. If the item can be fixed by the owner in an hour or less with parts shipped direct from Heartland, do it and GO USE IT!! Don't waste time and effort playing the waiting/blame-shifting game with the dealer.

Have fun:

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/53261-By-(Popular-)-Demand-Our-Ownership-Story

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
With an attitude like that.....all I can say is WOW. No wonder he is not getting any help.

Bob, are you referring to Rhyph's comments? After re-reading them I find them to be thoughtful and polite. Did I miss something?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have to agree with Dave. Not everyone is inclined to try and fix everything themselves. Besides, we are usually looking at one or two small issues. He has a list that is just mind boggling. There was definitely a gremlin working on putting together that rig. I'm usually pretty polite and level headed, but if I were in the OP's shoes, I'd probably be venting a heck of a lot of steam right now.

Rhyph

With an attitude like that.....all I can say is WOW. No wonder he is not getting any help.

"Bob (Old cranky)",

I don't have an attitude, and don't confuse my verbosity as such sir. My Heartland trailer has an attitude problem, and I'm tired of dealing with it.

Have a great day!

Ps. Heartland called me directly yesterday - I'll update my other post with that information.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rhyph and Dave, I stand corrected after I re-read your post and I apologize sir. I think I had mistaken you for another poster. I did read that HL contacted you and I hope you get your issues corrected.