Dead leaves in rooftop vent for refrigerator

SailorDon

During winter storage, dead leaves blew into the rooftop vent for the refrigerator.
The leaves jammed between the metal chimney that is covered by the plastic cover cap.

My concern is the dead leaves obstruct the air flow up the duct and cause loss of efficiency of the refrigerator.
Or worse yet, the obstructed air flow causes the high temperature side of the system to overheat and the leaves catch on fire.
That could be a disaster since the rubber membrane for the roof is probably not fireproof.

I cleaned the leaves out of the vent cover.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I guess the solution is don't park under trees. :(

Note: I don't think the squirrel had anything to do with the leaves getting trapped under the refrigerator roof vent. He was just up on the roof minding his own business. :cool:

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Squirrel does have a mischievous look on its face. I think it is a good idea for everyone to do a good walk through of their coach's at the beginning of each season after it has been in storage for any obstructions or critters who may have found their way in warm areas to make their nest especially if it is parked outside in all types of environment and not under a cover. Happy Trails and make sure the Squirrel leaves before you take your next adventure LOL

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
1. The leaves could block the airflow.
2. Squirrels can cause much damage. One Squirrel ate the wiring on my truck causing $600.00 in damage. I try to shue them away from my vehicles.

123camper

We drove home from the camp ground on Sunday and our brakes worked fine. Wednesday I hooked up to take the fiver for new tires and had no brakes. While they were putting the tires on I looked under the trailer and found something had chewed the wire and took the waterproof connectors off. It doesn't take them long when they find something they want!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

olcoon

End of story! Problem solved!!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0299.jpg
    PICT0299.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 59